About the role
- Based in West Gosford (travel in Central Coast and Northern Sydney required)
- Full-time, Permanent Position (38 hours per week)
- Registered Psychologists or Occupational Therapists encouraged to apply
- Salary Packaging Opportunities
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Allied Health Professional to work with the broader Allied Health team to deliver on a range of services across internal programs, however a willingness to rotate through programs every 6 months is a requirement.
One program is a Residential Crisis Support program for young people aged 12 to 17 who need assessment, short term interventions and therapeutic care with a specialised support team for a 13 week program. This program aims to understand the supports needed for the child to be successful in their permanent placement. Practitioners are rotated out on a 6 month basis wherever possible to promote wellbeing and caseload variety.
When you are not working in this program there will be a variety of work depending on the practitioner skills base in residential, independent living, behaviour support, NDIS, and Medicare work across multiple areas of the business.
Please review duties as specified in the attached Position Description.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Tertiary qualifications Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Physical Therapies such as Physiotherapy, or Counselling as relevant to the advertised specialty;
- Current registration, or willingness and capability to obtain registration, with the professional body relevant to the qualification;
- Willingness to obtain Medicare Provider number or registration for use through this employer as required;
- A thorough understanding of the theories relating to and the impact of trauma, abuse and neglect on a person’s development and well-being as well as carryover effects into adulthood;
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Hold experience being able to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- As well as other criteria specified in the attached Position Description.
About the organisation
Join our vibrant, organisation providing innovative social care services to children, young people, individuals and families in the Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Allied Health Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.