About the role
- Be part of a large, recognised provider of mental health and psychosocial disability services across Victoria, ACT, Tasmania, Queensland and New South Wales
- Part-time, fixed-term (28/02/2021) position based in Mitcham, VIC
- Attractive Salary Packaging and fantastic employment benefits included!
The Housing and Recovery worker, Assertive Outreach role will deliver the Pathways to home program in the Maroondah area, ENW Melbourne. The program is funded for two years by the State Government of Victoria until 2021.
The aim of the project is to flexibly support people who are sleeping rough to engage with health and housing based services in the community.
The goals of the project for participants are to:
- Reduce rough sleeping
- Provide assertive support for individuals who are rough sleeping
- Link people sleeping rough with the services they want and need (health, housing)
- To support reconnection with family and friends
- Increase social inclusion, including accessing assistance to obtain employment or participate in education or training
- Increase overall quality of life, physical health and wellbeing
The role forms part of an Integrated Support Team that will be established around each participant in the project. The team will support participants to secure a tenancy and link them with support services to assist them to maintain their housing and health-based needs. The team provide a flexible and persistent level of service delivery, and all supports are chosen by the participant. Roles within the Integrated Support Team depend on the individual needs of the person, and may include Mental Health Workers, Alcohol or other Drugs Worker or a General Practitioner among others.
Pathways to home will be evaluated against a number of outcomes forboth participants and the model, including the financial viability of the model and the effectiveness of the core partnerships in achieving effective service coordination. There will be a particular emphasis on collecting and reporting data in a timely manner.
To be successful in this role you will possess Tertiary Qualifications in social science or related discipline, with demonstrated experience in:
- Working within programs for people with a serious mental illness or their carers, including the provision of high-quality recovery-oriented practice
- Ability to engage people who are homeless
- Provision of psychosocial rehabilitation services
- Ability to facilitate the active involvement of participants and carers in the development, planning, delivery, and evaluation of services
- Establishing effective partnerships including liaison, mediation, negotiation, and consultation with various stakeholders
- An ability to provide culturally competent services appropriate to the needs of people from diverse backgrounds, including people from CALD backgrounds
- An understanding of the tenancy elements of housing, including the public housing system in Victoria will be highly desirable.
- Satisfactory National Police Check [less than 12 months old] & Working with Children’s Check, prior to commencement is mandatory.
About the organisation
Our Values: Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous salary packaging and opportunities to undertake professional training and development. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Assertive Outreach Worker via Pro Bono Australia.