About the role
YLab is a social enterprise that was founded by FYA in 2016. YLab offers consulting and co-design services to organisations who are looking for better ways to design systems for young people. To do this YLab employs over 80 young people across Australia with diverse lived and technical experience to work on projects. YLab solves problems in employment, policy and decision making, health and wellbeing and First Nations issues, all by putting young people at the centre.
Reporting to the Executive Director of YLab, this role will work closely with the FYA Business Services team to ensure YLab operations and services are coordinated, aligned, and support the team to create impact.
- Create and implement fit-for-purpose systems and processes for the YLab team, balancing common sense and practicality within existing policy frameworks.
- Undertake administrative tasks for the YLab team including managing data, documentation, scheduling (e.g. team meetings and offsites) and travel bookings.
- Coordinate contract management for YLab team.
- Diary scheduling and assistance for the Executive Director as required.
Finance, Analytics and Reporting
- Coordinate, collate, analyse and report on operational data to support the smooth running of the business.
- Prepare monthly expense reports for the YLab Team.
- Coordinate project invoicing and expense management to meet contract obligations.
- Coordinate the recruitment and onboarding of YLab Associates.
- Liaise with YLab Associates regarding employment matters including contracts, pre-employment checks (WWCC, police checks), reference checking, onboarding and completion of the induction process.
- Communicate regularly with all YLab employees regarding Human Resource matters and payroll requirements.
It is expected that candidates for this role will have many, if not all of these experiences and skills:
- At least 5 years experience in a business services or operations role including extensive experience in managing HR and finance for a dynamic team.
- Experience working with and analysing business related data to produce insights and recommendations to improve YLab systems and processes.
- Experience designing fit-for-purpose and culturally sensitive Human Resources systems and processes for a dynamic workforce of part-time and casual employees.
- Experience managing multiple internal and external stakeholders concurrently including staff, suppliers and clients.
- Experience in a fast paced consulting environment is preferable.
- Experience working with young people with diverse lived experiences.
About the organisation
At the Foundation for Young Australians (FYA), our vision is that young people have the power to beat injustice and transform the future. In pursuit of this vision, our purpose is to back young people with the trust, resources, skills, and connections to make change.
FYA has an incredible history, new CEO, focused strategy, dynamic team and board, and a unique resource base. We are now shaping a future-focused organisation committed to the highest standards of professionalism, culture and conditions, diversity, and impact - all centered around our key constituents: young people.
Our work is guided by a commitment to beating injustice. We strongly encourage applications from people with successful track records advocating for justice as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people, people of colour, women, people with disability, LGBTIQA+ communities and migrants to Australia. We acknowledge our sector has systematically excluded these communities and are committed to changing this.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business & Operations Manager, YLab via Pro Bono Australia.