About the role
Role and Responsibilities
- Deliver against the global communications strategy by developing and implementing work plans to meet IFAW Oceania’s program and organizational objectives. Maximize global interest in IFAW’s work in Australia to build brand and fundraising success.
- Effectively develop public relations tactics to increase brand awareness and public engagement.
- Strengthen and expand relationships with high-value media in order to secure maximum media coverage that highlights IFAW’s programmatic and advocacy work. Act as core liaison between Oceania media outlets and IFAW spokespeople, and assist in welcoming international media visits to IFAW project sites across the region.
- Increase brand awareness by preparing integrated communications and marking campaigns. Identify low-bono and pro-bono (media) partnerships that help reach new audiences and expand our reach beyond current visibility levels.
- Actively create content from our regional programs to promote IFAW Oceania’s programs to a global audience. This includes the professional management and organization of content gathering trips, media visits, drafting of press releases, content production briefs, and copy writing for web and social channels, as well as preparing media interviews for regional staff.
- Take an active approach in regular monitoring of media sources, online or otherwise, to ascertain emerging issues and trends that IFAW can leverage to benefit earned media, marketing and or fundraising objectives. Ensure timely production of media analysis and reporting to internal stakeholders.
- Write, edit and/or oversee the production of communications collateral including advertising, media releases, local IFAW publications and online content in collaboration with the global brand team.
- Work in close collaboration with global program communications leads to ensure positioning and messaging on all program-related communication is up-to-date and correct.
- Be prepared to build strategy and promotion of all relevant IFAW regional and global subjects across AU-owned social media channels; proactively share regional content with the larger team for wider sharing around the world.
- Aid Development colleagues with communication to our supporters in the form of Q&As, position statements and potential advertising placement.
- Maintain a collaborative, timely and welcoming dialog with partner organizations whilst ensuring effective promotion of IFAW’s contribution to joint efforts. This includes the active participation in writing communication agreements, facilitating site visits, content gathering trips and events.
- Plan, implement and monitor the Oceania communication budgets.
- Manage additional communications staff, contractors and volunteers as required (photo, video, graphic design).
About the organisation
The International Fund for Animal Welfare is a global non-profit helping animals and people thrive together. We are experts and everyday people, working across seas, oceans, and in more than 40 countries around the world. We rescue, rehabilitate, and release animals, and we restore and protect their natural habitats.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.