About the role
Our Community Administration Coordinator supports our Member Volunteer team including our Peer Groups and Information / Help teams. The role provides the administration support to ensure our Members and the wider Aspergers community have opportunities to connect, share stories, make friends, learn and find information and advice that empowers them to realise their own strengths, abilities, dreams and ambitions. The role does have some after-hours meetings and reports to our General Manager (GM).
Key responsibilities will include:
- customer interface role monitoring emails, phone calls, correspondence and stakeholder inquiries from Members, donors and volunteers
- coordinating AVs administration functions including database management, bookings, Community communications, set up, payments and invoices
- responsibility for the organisation’s administration, office and IT requirements in order to maintain an accurate, efficient and secure information storage and filing repository
- supporting our GM and Employment Programs Manager to prepare, submit and report on Grant requirements and government reporting
- coordinating, supporting, and organising training and coordinating communications and resources for our Peer Groups, Memberships and Information/Help volunteer teams
- coordinating, supporting and developing trainee staff members.
We’re looking for someone who has a combination of:
- demonstrated high attention to detail in their work
- personal experience, knowledge and understanding of Autistics, Aspergers, ASD or people on the spectrum.
- loves a plan and has a track record of meeting targets and prioritising work
- has a customer-centric approach and likes to build strong relationships with their peers and Members
- brings a calm and empowering approach when working with and supporting people
- can navigate a Google Drive, website and database updates with ease and able to help with technology matters
- comfortable with ambiguity and working in an environment without a lot of structure (yet!)
About the organisation
Aspergers Victoria (AV) is the peak body of the Aspergers/ASD1 community. For almost 30 years, we have provided empowering support to Aspergers using a strengths-based approach. Our strategy focuses on delivering education, interest groups, advocacy and employment pathways for Aspergers /ASD-1 and their community, throughout their life. AV is funded through membership, philanthropy and Government. Our board, staff and volunteers have a unique level of knowledge and understanding, gained through lived experience. Further information can be found at www.aspergers.org.au
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Administration Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.