About the role
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary Range: $135,000 to $165,000k
- Location: Dandenong
About this Opportunity
Reporting to the Executive Director Strategy and Services you will provide leadership advice, advocacy culture, and innovation and will be instrumental in ensuring services are underpinned by the lens of culture, the best interest of Aboriginal children, young people and families, and the aspirations of the Aboriginal Community. You will also be responsible to drive service delivery within a cultural excellence framework for areas of responsibility and in line with VACCA’s strategic directions and be accountable for program performance, compliance with standards, implementation of VACCA’s workforce development strategy, client outcomes and reviewing expansion opportunities.
The position has direct responsibility for the following units:
- Family Services which includes Integrated Family Services, Playgroup, Aboriginal Family Decision Making, Intensive family Services including Stronger families, Cradle to Kinder, Aboriginal Family Preservation and Restoration, as well as, Child FIRST and Family Mental Health Program
- Family Violence and Justice programs
- Educational Programs
- Out of Home Care which includes Foster Care, Kinship Care, Residential Care, Koorie Cultural Placement and Support Program
- Total Care Packages across VACCA
- Community cultural strengthening programs, Youth Leadership Program as well as Koorie Connect, a case referral service
Application closes on 17 August 2020
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance, and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice, and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director Client Services - Southern & Gippsland Division via Pro Bono Australia.