About the role
About the Role
This newly created leadership role will play a major role in Australia’s philanthropic space, driving a major upswell in giving to youth-led systems change initiatives, both through and beyond FYA.
Drawing upon your extensive existing relationships within the philanthropic sector, you will support high-net worth individuals, Trusts and Foundations, and corporate social responsibility programs (CSR) to imagine the possibilities of supporting next generation change-makers. Key to this will be your thought-leadership role in the growth of systems change-focused giving in Australia.
Working closely with the CEO, Leadership Team, and a Philanthropy Manager, you will lead relationship building, funding submissions, events and digital campaigns to raise $10m-25m+ over the next 3-5 years in support of FYA’s work.
- Leadership responsibility for building durable large scale support from diverse funding partners, including philanthropy, business, and government in support of FYA’s mission.
- Develop a comprehensive fundraising strategy to underpin FYA’s sustainability and growth. This will include targets, strategies, activities and the case for support associated with diverse programs and core revenue streams (FYA needs to raise more than $10m from such sources over the next 3 years, with a stretch target of $25m).
- Build, maintain and track relationships, as well as secure significant multi-year support, from across the Australian philanthropic and CSR space, working closely with the CEO.
- Oversee and conduct research and write grant applications and proposals, maintaining regular communications, and ensuring required reporting and acquittal.
- Oversee strategic and sizable funding and donor relations events and digital campaigns that engage middle and major donors.
- Play a key thought-leadership role in the growth of systems change-focused giving in Australia, and work closely with other staff to convene and inspire donors and increase the overall quantum of funds going to youth-led action.
- Train and mentor staff across the organisation in fundraising.
- Regularly evaluate fundraising campaigns and expenditure for return on investment and communicate results.
- Extensive experience in Australian or global philanthropy – for example a senior role in fundraising at a non-government organisation, or in the grant-making area of a private foundation or trustee firm, driving CSR in a large company, or working within a philanthropic peak.
- Demonstrated success raising or mobilising seven-figure funds for causes.
- Deep relationships across the philanthropic sector such as existing personal connections to high net worth individuals, major foundations, and corporate philanthropy.
- Existing profile as a thought-leader on philanthropy and/or systems change.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, and especially to the gender, race, class, generational and other justice dimensions of philanthropy, and ability to critically engage with issues of power and privilege inherent in the space.
About the organisation
Today’s generation of young Australians are facing unprecedented and intersecting crises. They also have the skills, insight and ambition to address them. At FYA, our vision is that young people have the power to beat injustice and transform the future. In pursuit of this vision, our purpose is to back young people with the trust, resources, skills, and connections to make change.
FYA has an incredible history, new CEO, focused strategy, dynamic team and board, and unique resource base. We are now shaping a future-focused organisation committed to the highest standards of professionalism, culture and conditions, diversity, and impact - all centered around our key constituents: young people.
Our work is guided by a commitment to beating injustice. We strongly encourage applications from people with successful track records advocating for justice as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people, people of colour, women, people with disability, LGBTIQA+ communities and migrants to Australia. We acknowledge our sector has systematically excluded these communities and are committed to changing this.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Director, Philanthropy via Pro Bono Australia.