About the role
Executive Manager – Professional Education and Safeguarding Services
- Newly developed leadership position that will make a difference in the lives of children
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including vehicle, phone, tablet and salary packaging
- Work location negotiable
This newly developed leadership position of Executive Manager will have a particular focus on the strategic direction and growth of both the Professional Education and Safeguarding Children services nationwide. The successful applicant will be responsible for developing and implementing quality assurance and program development measures to ensure the program performance remains of a high quality, is reflective of best practice and meets the needs of the sectors in which the Foundation works. The secondary development focus of the role is to drive revenue growth within the services.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of a strategic plan to drive the direction and growth of Professional Education and Safeguarding services in consultation with the CEO/Deputy CEO and in line with the Foundations broader strategic objectives.
- Ensure that growth within the programs is based on a sound business model that is responsive to the needs of organisations and the market.
- Collaborate on new joint initiatives with government and non-government partners which will enhance the outcomes for children and young people who have experienced trauma.
- Drive the cross programmatic development and integration of Professional Education and Safeguarding services together as well as with other program areas of the Foundation.
- Foster an innovative and entrepreneurial culture within the programs’ leadership team.
- To provide sound leadership and supervision to the Program Manager’s employed in the Professional Education and Safeguarding services.
About You – Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Education or a related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience within a senior leadership role.
- Capacity to lead and initiate organisational change.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing strategic and operational plans.
- Demonstrated experience in submission writing and grant seeking.
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain effective relationships/partnerships with other agencies and key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Extensive experience in program development, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing and communications plan to build revenue growth.
- Highly developed communications skills, including report writing and presentation at an Executive and Board level.
- A current driver’s licence or equivalent.
- A current Working with Children check or equivalent.
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary + motor vehicle + phone + tablet + superannuation + salary packaging. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values-based organisation, you will also have access to:
- A generous Professional Development allowance annually
- Employee Assistance Program
About the organisation
The Australian Childhood Foundation has a strong reputation for delivery of clinical services, professional training and secondary consultation programs built upon up to date evidence and based upon theoretical frameworks including the neurobiology of trauma, attachment and relational theories and child development. It also runs high profile community awareness activities aimed at preventing child abuse and strengthening community attitudes towards the protection of children.
The Australian Childhood Foundation has also developed a reputation for providing high quality education and training programs for a range of professionals on child abuse, trauma and related issues. It is also a Registered Training Organisation (TOID 22094) and the accredited training provided by the Foundation is rapidly expanding.
Since 2009 the Safeguarding Children Program has supported organisations to implement best practice policies and standards to protect children and young people in their care.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Manager via Pro Bono Australia.