About the role
The Finance Manager is responsible for the timely delivery of the Infoxchange Group’s financial performance reporting and analysis to the Infoxchange Group Board, Finance & Risk Committee and the Executive Leadership team. With a continuous improvement mindset and best practice approach, this role is responsible for leading the development of the financial strategy, preparation of financial reporting for the Group, and leading the finance team.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Services and being part of the senior leadership, this role will provide financial leadership across the organisation, and provide information and advice that will support management and the Board to make informed strategic and operational decisions.
Some of the key priorities for this role include:
- Development of a 3-year finance strategy.
- Work with Finance Analyst & Systems Lead to develop improved financial modelling and forecasting.
- Provide advice re business models for new and emerging product and service offerings.
- Review investment and banking arrangements across the Group.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Overseeing and managing all aspects of the finance department
- Oversight of the month end process including ensuring the completion of the General Ledger and Balance Sheet reconciliations and production of the monthly finance reports, including commentary.
- Provide accurate and timely reports (including monthly management reports, annual reports, financial and statutory compliance reporting) to Board, Finance and Risk Committee, Executive and Managers and maintain an effective, transparent and accessible management reporting system.
- Cashflow forecasting and management, including cash and investment management.
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts and liaison with auditors
- Coordinate the annual audit process and comply with all aspects of statutory reporting.
- Lead development of 3-year finance strategy and implement reporting system for this.
- Assist the Executive Leadership Team with the business planning process; specifically, in the development and management of the annual budgets, forecasts and cash flows.
- Work with and advise the Executive Leadership Team on financial funding models for existing and new products and services.
- Manage all taxation matters and ensure that the organisation complies with BAS return requirements, GST, Fringe Benefits Tax, PAYG and all other relevant taxes, across Australia & New Zealand
- Liaise and consult with relevant Government Departments and grant funding bodies to ensure that all financial and compliance matters are dealt with promptly; providing timely and accurate reporting according to legislative requirements.
- Managing the company’s financial policies, systems & procedures.
- Management of the finance team
Key selection criteria
To succeed in this role at Infoxchange, you will demonstrate:
- Minimum 8 years accounting experience
- Staff management experience
- Ability to work in a strong values led organisation.
- Strong financial reporting and tax experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident dealing with senior stakeholders
- Ability to solve complex issues
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience using budgeting, forecasting and reporting tools
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages (preferably Netsuite)
- Professional accounting qualification such as CA or CPA
About the organisation
Infoxchange is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has delivered technology for social justice for 30 years. With over 130 staff across Australia and New Zealand we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology.
We work with community, government and corporate partners to solve family violence, homelessness, mental health and issues facing people with disabilities, the elderly, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Maori and Pasifika communities.
Our products and services are used by 8,800 organisations across the community sector. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide case management and service coordination systems to IT services and advice for individual organisations.
Our community programs focus on digital inclusion – using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage, driving social inclusion and creating stronger communities. We believe no-one should be left behind in today’s digital world.
In November 2018, Infoxchange joined forces with Connecting Up to create Australia and New Zealand’s leading not-for-profit dedicated to using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that support them.
The integration brings together 150 staff members working to support more than 30,000 not-for- profits and over 2 million people in need each year across Australia and New Zealand.
Connecting Up has become a subsidiary of Infoxchange and will continue to trade as TechSoup New Zealand to serve the not-for-profit sector in New Zealand.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Finance Manager via Pro Bono Australia.