About the role
About the Opportunity
Sunrise Health Service currently has a rewarding, full-time opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join their Executive Management Team in Katherine, NT.
Reporting to the CEO, this is a senior leadership role that will see you managing the end-to-end financial and administrative operations of the organisation, leading a small team and working closely with the board of directors.
Your key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Drafting annual budgets, in consultation with the directorates, and individual budgets for various programs, based on funding agreements;
- Tracking spending and working with health centre managers or program managers, to ensure they are aware of and understand their budgets;
- Developing and maintaining a forward financial model/plan in accordance with relevant legislation/accounting regulations;
- Overseeing the rollout of a new accounting, payroll and HR system, liaising with technology partners to ensure the most suitable software is used;
- Providing regular, accurate financial reports to maintain an effective, transparent and accessible financial management system;
- Supervising the delivery of all finance, payroll and accounting functions, in line with Financial policies and statutory requirements;
- Analysing and providing advise to the CEO on the financial sustainability of new/proposed funding budgets; and
- Liaising with auditors to deliver annual Audited Financial Statements and ensure Sunrise’s tax obligations are met.
For more information please click ‘Apply’ now!
About the Benefits
This is an incredibly rewarding opportunity to work as part of the Executive Management Team of a vital community organisation, to directly impact and support the dedicated team that is actively engaged in addressing the health care crisis facing Aboriginal communities.
A hands-on and highly varied position, you will have the chance to truly make this role your own, with the autonomy to create and improve on systems and processes across the organisation.
Your dedication will be rewarded with a highly attractive base salary circa $121,721 (based on your skills and experience) plus super, remote area benefits, and generous allowances.
You will also have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- Salary packaging options up to $15,899 per year
- 6 weeks leave per year;
- Up to 10 days study leave;
- Laptop and Phone;
- Annual $5,000 retention bonus (payable after 12 months of continuous employment); and
- Relocation assistance, negotiable for the right candidate.
Working at Sunrise Health Service and living in the Katherine region has lifestyle benefits that are unique to the Northern Territory. With the Katherine Gorge on your doorstep and an incredible outdoor lifestyle on offer, combined with some of the best fishing in the world, the Northern Territory is the place to be to make the most of life’s adventures.
This is a unique opportunity to support a passionate organisation providing health services to some of the most disadvantaged communities in the Territory – Apply Now!
About the organisation
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation.
The Sunrise approach involves Aboriginal communities taking part in controlling their own health. Everything from financial management and governance, staff selection and service delivery priorities are directed by the organisation’s Aboriginal Board and Community Health Committees.
Servicing nine communities spread over 75,000 square kilometres, the Sunrise footprint covers Aboriginal communities that are some of the most disadvantaged in the Territory with some of the most complex health issues. Yet despite this, the ethos and practices of Sunrise Health have it be a leader, both nationally and in the Territory, for both national and Territory performance indicators.
Acute health care does not make people well – it is only when health issues and the social determinants of health are addressed, that families and communities become well – a challenge that Sunrise Health is committed to address with each of its communities and with the expectation that each of its employees will adopt and uphold this culture.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Finance Manager via Pro Bono Australia.