About the role
- Are you a Financial Counsellor seeking a challenging and rewarding new role?
- Support Aboriginal People to improve their financial and social wellbeing within an expanding not-for-profit organisation
- Enjoy a salary circa $82,000 – $85,000 plus super, relocation assistance, 6 weeks leave & attractive remote salary sacrifice options!
- Work in the dynamic outback town of Alice Springs with significant travel to stunning Indigenous communities
About the Opportunity
Due to a period of rapid growth, MoneyMob Talkabout now has an opportunity for a Financial Counsellor to join their team, based in Alice Springs, NT on a full-time fixed term contract to 30 June 2021, with two weeks outreach travel to various communities within the APY Lands per month.
Reporting to the Community Service and Practice Manager, you will be responsible for assisting and supporting clients with their ability to deal with and manage their debt, and where possible, advocating on behalf of them to achieve better outcomes.
Your day to day duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assisting those who are unable to pay their bills or are at imminent risk of doing so;
- Helping people address their financial problems and supporting their employment readiness through advocating, client education and negotiation;
- Supporting clients financial management skills development;
- Providing clients with with referrals for other support, and actively involving clients in case planning; and
- Adopting a person centred approach to empower people to move towards their personal goals.
About the Benefits
This is an incredible opportunity to bring your passion, experience and willingness to learn to a dedicated not-for-profit organisation supporting some of the most remote communities in Australia.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive an attractive remuneration circa $82,000 – $85,000 plus super and salary sacrificing options, and a GREAT range of additional benefits to help you enjoy life within the local community including:
- Relocation Assistance;
- 6 weeks annual leave;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- $500 annual wellbeing payment;
- 5 days mandated annual breaks (mini-break);
- Training/education opportunities; and
- External professional supervision and support if needed.
You will also be welcomed into a friendly and passionate team, with comprehensive support from colleagues and management, and ongoing opportunities for career development and advancement.
Alice Springs and the APY Lands
Although traditionally regarded as a small, dusty town with a few rustic buildings, Alice Springs today offers all of the shopping, sight-seeing and entertainment facilities of a modern urban town, and is home to a thriving arts community and a wealth of adventure opportunities. In addition to its rich history and diverse cultural heritage, you can explore the local sports teams, photography, camping, hiking, motor sports, desert-racing and more, whilst benefiting from the relaxed country atmosphere, fantastic weather and internationally-renowned environment.
The Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yunkunytjatjara (APY) Lands covers over 103,000 square kilometres of remote South Australia, near the tri-state border. Home to around 3000 people of Aboriginal descent over seven main communities and seventeen homelands, the land was returned to the traditional owners in 1981.The area itself is a vital part of Aboriginal desert culture, with many people there identifying the history and basic laws of human existence as largely being written in the land.
To help support financial empowerment within an expanding not-for-profit organisation – Apply Now!
About the organisation
About MoneyMob Talkabout
MoneyMob Talkabout is a not-for-profit organisation currently undergoing a period of unprecdented growth, both in size and opportunity, supported by their dedication to delivering a range of financial and community support programs with and for people in remote Indigenous communities.
Their Money Hub in the APY Lands, which has operated since 2012, provides a one-stop shop for local community members to interact with the broader economy in a safe and supportive environment. Teams also visit other communities in South Australia from Pipalyatjara to Indulkana providing services on an outreach basis.
MoneyMob Talkabout is also actively committed to being an Aboriginal run and led service, as such they strongly encourage experienced and qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People to apply for their positions.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Financial Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.