About the role
- Full Time, ongoing
- Current Flexible Work From Home Option
Your new role
The Home Care Packages (HCP) Service provides older people who want to stay at home with access to a range of ongoing personal services, support services and clinical care that help them with their day-to-day activities. The program is part of the Australian Government’s continuum of care for older people in Australia, providing services between the Commonwealth Home Support Program and residential aged care.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Home Care Packages, the Intake and Service Advisor is responsible for promoting and raising the profile of the HCP Service, responding, facilitating and coordinating new business, monitoring quality and applying continuous improvement initiatives to support a positive client experience. This role will also be the primary backfill to the Home Care Packages Team Leader.
This is a newly created position where you will be able to put your personal stamp on the role’s development, including:
- Promoting Merri Health Home Care Package Service within communities, referring agencies and relevant providers.
- Strengthen triage processes for responding to enquiries and referrals and coordinate all intake related tasks, including allocation of new consumers to the Care Advisor team.
- Monitor and audit client satisfaction and implement quality initiatives to support ongoing quality improvement and competitive edge.
- Develop and maintain positive stakeholder relationships and engagement, and build networks to promote and market Merri Health’s brand.
- Manage a caseload of clients, as required, ensuring targets are met.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Appropriate Qualification recognised by the employer compliant with Australian Qualifications Framework (e.g. Diploma of Case Management and/or Community Services /Nursing/ or related field, or Tertiary qualification in a health related field
- Understanding of Aged Care Quality Principles and their application within the home care setting
- Relevant experience in care planning and case management with financial skills to develop and monitor package expenditure for home care package recipients.
- High organisation and prioritising skills with demonstrated ability to meet set targets and deadlines in a dynamic and growing environment.
- Moderate to high computer literacy skills, including Microsoft Office/Excel and client database management systems
- Fluency in a language other than English, desirable but not essential
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Intake and Service Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.