About the role
Compassion Australia has set an ambitious three-year strategy, to respond to the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought to those living in poverty. In response to this strategy we have created the new role of IT Operations Manager to lead our IT Operations team as we optimise technology servicing and support to serve our mission of releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name. This role will work directly with the Senior IT Manager as their 2IC.
The IT Operations Manager leads the IT Operations team to provide support services to all staff, maintain and configure on-premise and cloud based infrastructure and systems, and undertake associated technology improvement projects. The IT Operations Manager is also a primary contact technology vendors and contracts to support the ministry and management of asset protection, Disaster Recovery, security policies and associated processes.
Key Accountabilities for this role include:
- Lead and manage the IT Operations team through regular check-ins and team meetings
- Provide technical guidance, advice and support to direct reports (IT Ops)
- Deliver efficient and effective technology service and support for the internal applications and software solutions.
- Understand and develop roadmaps for the continued adoption and improvements of key technology supporting Ministry Operations (e.g. CRM, Office 365 Suite, Asana etc.)
- Coordinate the service delivery provided by IT Operations team
- Governance and ownership of all IT infrastructure including the technology chosen, implantation, support, Disaster Recovery and Security.
As someone who has a passion for optimizing technology for a purpose, and delights in excellent service delivery, you will also have:
- Excellent Communication skills
- Demonstrated Experience in managing and supporting Microsoft Azure and Office365 services including but not limited to Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, PowerBi, Azure Microservice architecture and server environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of data protection and disaster recovery solutions
- Experience in Cyber security requirements or frameworks e.g. PCI, ISO 27001/2
- Demonstrated experience managing an IT Operations Team including both system administrators and service desk (3 years)
We want to hear from you! To find out more, click “Apply Now” to download the information pack or reach out to our People and Culture Partner Emily Drough on 02 4935 5000 (extn 1278) for an initial chat.
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty. Our work is Christ-centred, child focused, and church based.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: IT Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.