About the role
- Full time role making a difference for migrants in transition
- Flexible location
You will provide technical expertise on protection issues within our Migration Support Programs across the country. Support our staff and volunteers with the tools and resources to enhance their work and promote the Minimum Protection Approach of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
You will also provide guidance on Red Cross advocacy and programming in regards to the humanitarian needs of migrants in detention, migrants separated from families due to war and disaster, and migrants in transition.
With the Manager – Protection you will represent Red Cross in cross sector forums to further our impact on strategic outcomes.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated high level strategic and operational experience working with migrants in transition and technical expertise in protection activities
- Demonstrated experience in developing and engaging in high level humanitarian diplomacy with senior government officials
- Demonstrated capability in writing technical position papers and thought pieces
- Proven ability to work across multiple functions and collaborate effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge and experience of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and the humanitarian diplomacy approach
- Demonstrated capacity to interpret and communicate policy and procedure and service direction with varying degrees of complexity
- A Working with Children check is a mandatory requirement for this role
Work for purpose, know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
About the organisation
Australian Red Cross is part of the largest humanitarian movement in the world seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
Our Migration Support Programs assist migrants in transition to ensure they have their humanitarian needs met and are participating and included in Australian society.
How to apply
For further information about the role responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the position description below. For additional enquiries contact Nic Batch on 0402 975 286.
Please quote in application: Protection Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.