About the role
Why would you choose to be a Residential Care worker?
Easy. It’s not your average role, and not for the average person. Each day is unique: there are occasionally challenges – but on the flip-side, it’s always rewarding and certainly never dull. And it’s never really about the disability at all, but the individual At Flintwood Disability Services our goal is to create and enhance opportunities for people with disabilities. We’re committed to working with individuals (and their families) to support their right to be independent live their life their way!
And this is where you come in! We have casual and permanent part times roles available for a Residential Care Worker to join our team.
About the role
As the Residential Care Worker, you are primarily responsible for delivering high quality personal support and care to people with disabilities and their families. Your role is to maximise choice and inclusion for that Participants using accommodation or our respite service, achieve their aspirations and goals.
You will love this opportunity as you step into a role that provides vital support to our community and our Participants as you:
- Ensure each Participant achieves quality outcomes through implementation of their Active Support Plans
- Provide in-home support with daily living tasks such as washing, dressing, cleaning, eating, shopping and budgeting
- Provide companionship and support during daily activities
- Administration of medication to Participants when required
- Utilising a 12-seater van, drive Participants to a range of locations within the Sydney area
- Advocate and provide information on Participants, to ambulance/medical personnel and attend media appointments where necessary
You are gentle and down-to-earth. You’re calm. You’re able to listen, you’re patient and you’re steadfast. But you’re also lively, you value the importance of fun and are able to be spontaneous – if the thought of breaking into song in the kitchen fazes you, then this is probably not the role for you!
But if you’re prepared to have a great time while you provide invaluable support to a unique and talented individual, then this is your chance. In return, you’ll have the constant support of our passionate and engaged team, learning and development opportunities and a competitive hourly rate to make things as easy for you as possible.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Residential Care Worker via Pro Bono Australia.