About the role
The Board consists of 7 members with different skill sets. This is an Ordinary Board position and you will be responsible for governance of SEV including leadership, planning, accountability and control. You will approve the Annual budget and policies and ensure that SEV meets its financial and risk management responsibilities.
The main objectives of the Board members are:
- Custodian or stewardship of all activities of SEV, with the responsibility of governance of the Organisation on behalf of members.
- Leadership, forward planning and guidance
- Accountability and control: monitor the management of the Organisation and ensure good management practices and appropriate checks and balances are in place.
The Board are also responsible for:
- Attendance at all meetings, or apologise in advance for absence
- Where Board papers are circulated in advance of the Board meeting, read papers and consider issues before the meeting
- Develop a strategic plan for the future of the service and the organisation, including the setting of priorities
- Monitor the implementation of the strategic plan.
- Approve a budget
- Determine Board level policies
- Ensure adequate financial resources are available to maintain the services.
- Ensure systems are in place so that the services operate on best practice
- Ensure that the Organisation and its services conform to the relevant legal requirements
- Promote the Organisation when opportunities arise
- Review and approve the Organisation’s systems for financial control and risk management
Duration of Term
Term of office for Board Members is limited to 3 years. Elections take place at the Annual General Meeting each year, at which time
nominations are put forward. A Board Member can retire from the Board at any time within the 3 years, or can stand for re-election for a further 3 year term.
Induction & Training
On being elected to the Board, members undertake induction and training procedures as provided by the Board.
About the organisation
South East Volunteers is a not for profit organisation based in Glen Waverley. We recruit and place volunteers in the community in the Monash, Greater Dandenong and Casey council areas. We also provide community transport and social support for older residents of Monash.
We have a social enterprise, CrimCheck, that provides police checks.
We are seeking a volunteer Board member who has knowledge of, or an interest, in the not for profit sector. The Board meets bi-monthly in Glen Waverley.
How to apply
Please include a brief CV and cover letter, including the signed position description.
Please quote in application: SEV Board Member via Pro Bono Australia.