About the role
Reporting to the Executive Director of Business Services and working closely with the Executive team, this newly developed role will lead planning processes at FYA, ensuring development, documentation, integration and clear communication of strategies and plans across every part of the organisation.
- Coordinate organisation-wide annual and quarterly planning, including designing planning processes and templates, facilitating planning meetings, supporting goal setting, synthesising information, and ensuring budgets are aligned with strategies.
- Maintain an organisation-wide calendar to create a shared sense of purpose, prevent date clashes, and resolve resource bottlenecks.
- Support teams across the organisation to turn bold ideas into project plans, including ensuring initiatives have a clear theory of change, impact evaluation framework and business model.
- Support staff to monitor progress against KPIs and complete 360 progress evaluations to drive a culture where experimentation is encouraged, and learning is documented, shared, and actioned.
- Oversee an independent research project evaluating FYA’s impact over time, as well as what we learn works in youth empowerment. This will include providing hands-on assistance with data gathering, and acting as a single point of contact for external partners.
- Approximately 5-7 years work experience in planning, strategy or impact measurement, whether as a consultant, non-profit staff member, or academic (or mix of all three).
- Experience and skill coordinating dynamic planning processes in a medium-sized organisation, including strong facilitation, work across departments and diverse stakeholders, a structured approach to information gathering, and toolbox of change-management techniques.
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis, strategy planning, theory of change development and impact measurement (including systems change/advocacy work).
- Experience with social justice and youth empowerment, likely through work with non-profit organisations, social justice movements, or youth-led organisations.
- Superior communications skills, including ability to craft compelling and concise written communications and presentation skills.
About the organisation
At the Foundation for Young Australians (FYA), our vision is that young people have the power to beat injustice and transform the future. In pursuit of this vision, our purpose is to back young people with the trust, resources, skills, and connections to make change.
FYA has an incredible history, new CEO, focused strategy, dynamic team and board, and a unique resource base. We are now shaping a future-focused organisation committed to the highest standards of professionalism, culture and conditions, diversity, and impact - all centered around our key constituents: young people.
Our work is guided by a commitment to beating injustice. We strongly encourage applications from people with successful track records advocating for justice as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people, people of colour, women, people with disability, LGBTIQA+ communities and migrants to Australia. We acknowledge our sector has systematically excluded these communities and are committed to changing this.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Strategy & Evaluation Lead via Pro Bono Australia.