About the role
- Looking for a meaningful new role?
- Want to work for an interesting and focused not for profit?
- Do you have a strong belief in humanity and the basic right to a second chance?
We’re looking for an experienced Team Leader for our ReConnect program in the South East Region of Melbourne/Victoria. You’ll be providing leadership to a team of forensic case workers delivering a post release service
The program and the role
The ReConnect program is delivered across 4 regions in the state of Victoria (Hume, Loddon Mallee, Gippsland and the South East region) the role that has been advertised is for a Team Leader position that we will support the team in the South East region and work alongside two other Team Leaders who support the other regions.
The program supports participants that are reintegrating into the community who have come in contact with the criminal justice system.
Success as a Team Leader requires you to have strong leadership qualities and a sound understanding of ReConnect. Reporting to the Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day service delivery of the South Eastern team supervising a medium sized team to ensure quality client outcomes. This is a full-time position based from Dandenong.
What we’re looking for?
- Ethical, self-motivated and committed to helping others achieve their goals
- A minimum diploma level qualification in Community Services, Mental Health or a similar field
- Prior experience in a supervisory or leadership role
- Knowledge of the challenges faced by those leaving the prison system, and an interest and willingness to work with those presenting with high risk offence histories
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Capable of establishing and maintaining clear professional boundaries
- A strong sense of personal accountability and resilience
What ACSO can offer you
- $80,304.64 per annum base salary + superannuation + Great NFP salary packaging (which means more $ in your pocket! $90k approx package)
- A strong and supportive leadership team
- Ongoing learning and career development, and an opportunity to be part of our brand new leadership development
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Paid parental leave
- Our office location is in the heart of Dandenong and is in walking distance to services to support our participants in the area.
ACSO embraces diversity within its workforce and as such encourages applications from appropriately qualified and skilled people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage. ACSO acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Victoria and pays respect to them, their culture and their Elders, past, present and future.
About the organisation
A little bit about ACSO
The Australian Community Support Organisation (ACSO) is a dynamic, values driven NFP, focused on partnering with government and the community to co-design services that create real social change. We’re an organisation with a bold vision for a community where everyone has the opportunity to thrive, and prison truly is the last resort. It’s our goal to reduce re-offending, and our purpose to strengthen the wellbeing of communities by advocating for and delivering services which divert people away from the justice system.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Forensic Casework Services (Reconnect) via Pro Bono Australia.