About the role
- Position: Full-Time position
- Location: Mary Street, Preston Office
- Salary: $87,566 – $91,439, Salary packaging is available
Link-Up Victoria comprises a Program Manager; Team Leader, 2 Reunions Officers, 3 Client Support Officers and an Administration Officer.
Link-Up is looking for a new Team Leader, who will contribute to the achievement of the VACCA’s strategic vision particularly as it relates to the delivery of on the ground services to Stolen Generations. Specifically, you will be responsible for ensuring that the program is able to respond to the needs of Link-Up Victoria clients and support staff in their casework functions.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- An understanding of and a strong commitment to social justice and delivery of quality healing outcomes for the Stolen Generations;
- A sound understanding of the principles of case management, methods of casework supervision and adult learning principles;
- A demonstrated ability to mentor staff by providing them with relevant information, support, provide feedback and opportunities around professional development;
- An ability to work effectively with Aboriginal organisations, Government departments and community service organisations;
- Ability to interpret relevant policies, practices, standards and regulations; and
- Skills around decision making, advocacy and conflict management.
Application deadline is August 26, 2020
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Link-Up Victoria via Pro Bono Australia.