About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Casual role based in Heidelberg
About the opportunity
We have an opportunity for an Arabic Speaking Family Safety Contact Worker to join our highly reputable and iconic Victorian and Tasmanian community services organisation. The role of the Arabic Speaking Family Safety Contact Worker is to support women, predominantly from Arabic speaking backgrounds involved in Uniting Kildonan’s Family Violence Intervention Program, including assessments of their safety, referring women exposed to Family Violence to appropriate services and provision of partner contact.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong passion and commitment to working with family violence and supporting women who are experiencing violence from their partners.
- A clear understanding of the feminist framework and how male privilege impacts on our current social structures.
- Undergraduate in Social Work, Psychology or related field and previous experience in counselling and assessment.
- Fluent in the Arabic language
- Demonstrated experience in assessment as counselling is critical to this position.
- People from CALD backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday 21 October 2020
Get in touch
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Chris McInnes, Program Manager on 9457 0518.
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well-being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We seek to work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Arabic Speaking Family Safety Contact Worker via Pro Bono Australia.