About the role
Western Chances CEO
Full-time fixed term position
Lead an established organisation working with young people in Melbourne’s west.
Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives and futures of young people facing barriers to achieving their goals?
Do you have the skills and resources to create opportunities for young people in the suburbs of Melbourne’s west?
Are you a leader capable of motivating a dedicated and committed team and working with an active Board, to continue to build on Western Chances achievements.
If successful, you will lead a dynamic team to deliver scholarships and programs to support young people with life changing opportunities.
- Lead the organisation, and together with the Board, develop and implement Western Chances’ vision, purpose and strategy
- Optimise income streams from diverse sources.
- Grow and enhance Western Chances’ brand, image and reputation
- Oversee governance, compliance and management systems
- Expand the support network and build and maintain excellent relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ensure organisational stability, efficiency and effectiveness
- Self-starter with energy, creativity, organisational skills and focus
- Demonstrated experience in developing and securing diverse funding streams
- Strong leadership, performance management and communication skills
- Confident public speaker
- Ability to build strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Senior stakeholder management experience
- The ability to engage and work effectively with the Board.
- Strategic planning, monitoring, development and evaluation
- Excellent writing and computer skills
- Experience in the not for profit sector is preferable
Western Chances is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing for its employees a work environment which is free of harassment or discrimination.
About the organisation
At Western Chances, young people are at the centre of our world.
Their hopes for a better future fuel everything we do.
Our vision is to see young people who are facing financial barriers achieve their potential.
The role we play in helping to achieve that vision to realise their potential is by providing scholarships, opportunity programs and ongoing support.
Western Chances achieves this vision by:
- Working closely with schools to identify young people with talent and motivation who are facing financial disadvantage
- Supporting those young people with money and opportunities
- Building ongoing and meaningful relationships with donors to fund this activity.
- Building relationships with stakeholders to develop opportunities for young people.
How to apply
All applications should take the form of a cover letter and a supporting CV, addressed to the Chair, Ms Terry Bracks.
Please use the email below for all applications and any questions you have about the role.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer – Western Chances via Pro Bono Australia.