About the role
Demonstrate your senior leadership capabilities with Westmead Hospital’s internationally known and respected Foundation.
- Build on a solid foundation and established reputation in health
- Provide vision, leadership and the ability to raise funds
- Create a real and lasting impact in the Western Sydney community
With a new legal structure, a new name and new board, the Westmead Hospital Foundation is well poised for a new chapter of impact and growth. As CEO, you will use your exceptional leadership skills to set and implement the vision and strategy for the Foundation, to ensure the Hospital and the community more broadly receive the support they need. You will bring:
- The ability to inspire and motivate a small team and work with a capable board.
- Exemplary, best practice fundraising experience to build and drive an agenda of growth and sustainability and a track record of achieving aspirational targets.
- The ability to engage and influence a broad stakeholder group within Westmead Hospital, the Westmead Health Precinct, the Western Sydney Local Health District and the Greater Western Sydney Community more broadly.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A leadership style that enhances a strong team culture, creates role clarity and accountability for the team, whilst nurturing the autonomy required for innovation.
- Executive experience with the skill and capability to ensure financial and operational effectiveness.
- A collaborative, creative approach.
About the organisation
Westmead Hospital is the principal referral hospital for Western Sydney. Based within the Westmead Health Precinct - one of Australia’s largest health, education, research and training precincts – the Hospital is nationally renowned for the comprehensive, highly specialised and complex health services it provides to the local and broader community. The Westmead Hospital Foundation is the principal charity and fundraising arm for Westmead Hospital. Established in 1990, the Foundation has grown over the last 30 years in service of the charitable needs of Westmead Hospital and the community it serves. The Foundation’s purpose is to advance the understanding, prevention and treatment of diseases in human beings through healthcare, with a focus on those receiving services, treatment or other care at Westmead Hospital.
How to apply
People for Purpose have been appointed to recruit for this role. For more information, after reading the position description, please email us at email@example.com. To apply, you MUST submit a covering letter outlining why you are interested in joining Westmead Hospital Foundation, and an up-to-date CV.
Applications close 5.00pm on Sunday 11 October 2020.
For more information about the Westmead Hospital Foundation we invite you visit their website HERE.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer: Westmead Hospital Foundation via Pro Bono Australia.