About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Permanent part time | 45.6 hours per fortnight
- Based at Dandenong
About the opportunity
We have a rewarding opportunity for a Clinician to join our Clinical Care and Support Program, providing specialist interventions and consultancy to vulnerable children, carers, families and the professionals supporting them in the Out-of-Home Care sector.
The role of the Clinician is to provide:
- Specialist secondary consultancy and interventions for children, young people, their carers and families who have children in out-of-home care and consultation services to professionals and other stakeholders working with them;
- Tailored training regarding a range of clinical issues for carers and professionals supporting children who have experienced trauma
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including:
- Full Registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA or a Social Worker eligible for AASW membership. Other qualification may be considered.
- A driver’s licence valid in Victoria, and a willingness to drive agency vehicles for work purposes.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification, to be uploaded as part of your application:
- Describe the scope and scale of your experiences working within the child, youth, family, and mental health sectors (300 words or less)
- Describe the scope and scale of your experiences providing assessment and therapy to children, youth and families who have experienced trauma and/or attachment difficulties (300 words or less)
- Describe the scope and scale of your experiences providing secondary consultation or training to staff and/or students (300 words or less)
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- Responses to the key selection criteria questions above
Applications close Monday 5 October 2020
Get in touch
- Anna Gleeson – Clinical Services Leader – 0466 645 831
- Tymur Hussein – Practice Leader – 0422 006 931
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Clinician (Psychologist or Social Worker) via Pro Bono Australia.