About the role
12 month full-time fixed term, 70-75k plus super & salary packaging benefits.
Flying Doctors Victoria is now accepting applications for the role of Communications and Content Coordinator. This is a fast paced and hands on position requiring a curious, forward-thinking outlook from someone that isn’t afraid to tackle new projects with enthusiasm.
In this fixed-term (maternity leave cover) position no two days are the same. You’ll be working across a variety of tasks from developing and sharing stories with our Primary Health, Fundraising and Patient Transport teams to creating digital and print media, managing internal staff communications and social media content. This role would suit someone who is passionate about creating informative and emotive content and has an innovative, solutions-focused approach.
Please note this will be a work-from home position initially while under pandemic restrictions, however we are happy to negotiate ongoing flexible working arrangements with the successful candidate.
- A proactive communicator with a strong sense of initiative, you take an all-in approach to your work and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Working within a supportive and inclusive team is important to you, you enjoy working collaboratively and value open and honest discussion.
- You have a natural ability to manage and nurture internal and external stakeholder relationships, and support this by demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An inquisitive and original thinker, you pride yourself on your exceptional content writing skills.
- Donor, stakeholder or patient-centric communications is a familiar space and you’re able to demonstrate an understanding of reputation and issues management.
- You understand the mission of the Flying Doctor and understand the importance of what we are trying to achieve, you’re able to demonstrate a community minded approach to your work and are passionate about helping others.
- Hold a relevant Tertiary qualification in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or similar.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain content schedule.
- Develop relationships with frontline staff, patients, fundraising teams and other internal stakeholders to drive story-telling and content strategy.
- Produce both corporate and donor communications include donor newsletters and annual reports.
- Actively seek media and PR opportunities to promote and drive awareness of the RFDS in Victoria.
- Development of quarterly stakeholder newsletter.
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers to drive quality service.
Applicants must have full, unrestricted Australian working rights and will be required to provide a satisfactory police check and Victorian WWCC if successful.
About the organisation
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides emergency aeromedical and allied health services for people in rural and remote Australia. We strive towards improving the health and wellbeing of our rural communities and believe in creating opportunities so all Victorians have the choice to access essential primary health care services.
How to apply
If you’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of regional and rural Victorians and are looking for a role with an organisation that offers a supportive, inclusive and flexible working environment please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter (applications received without a cover letter won't be considered) outlining your suitability for the role via the Apply Now button by COB Thursday 8th October, 2020.
Please note that due to large volume of applications received RFDS will only be contacting those shortlisted for interviews. We reserve the right to close this ad prior to the advertised date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
RFDS is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please quote in application: Communications and Content Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.