About the role
- Office located in Sydney CBD
- Access to benefits such as salary packaging and working some days from home
- Permanent full time opportunity
The Community Impact Manager will play an essential role in our small, dedicated team. In this new and versatile opportunity, you will be making key contributions to reduce street homelessness by collaborating with service providers in:
- Implementing a newly developed system (By Name List) to ensure services are effectively coordinated for the homeless population
- Helping individuals identify pathways to exit homelessness based on their needs and goals
- Identifying, implementing and evaluating evidence-based prevention and intervention strategies that aim to reduce street sleeping
- Identifying and addressing any gaps, barriers or blockages that may impact the provision of services
- Engaging with a broad range of partners and providing a channel of communication between local communities, state-wide, national and international organisations
- Plus so much more! (the position description is available on our website)
This is an ideal opportunity for a skilled individual with the commitment and passion to make a meaningful contribution to the welfare of our community. It’s also an excellent role for somebody looking for a balance between working from the Sydney CBD office and from home.
ESSC has implemented COVID safe measure to ensure the duties of this role are carried out safely.
To be a suitable candidate for this role, you will have:
- Passion and commitment for making a difference in the community
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in social services
- Demonstrated experience in the use of data to inform and shape effective social service delivery interventions, performance monitoring and outcome measurement
- Excellent communication, engagement skills and relationship management skills
- The ability to work using an evidence-based approach and use data analysis to inform practice and formulate strategies for systems change
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering training, workshops and presentations and facilitating groups.
Your understanding of, or experience within homelessness service or other social services is highly desirable.
What Can We Offer You?
- An opportunity to join a start-up organisation that is committed to making a real difference in the community
- The opportunity to work some days from home
- Access to salary packaging
Applications close Thursday 24 September 2020.
Need More Information?
Contact Christine McBride, CEO on 0447 129 923
About the organisation
We believe that street sleeping can be ended; that no-one should be sleeping in the streets of Sydney, or any community in NSW, tonight or on any night.
In February 2019, in a landmark step, the NSW Government, the City of Sydney, and leading homelessness charities joined 13 other cities in a partnership with the Institute of Global Homelessness, joining a global movement to end street sleeping, signing a Memorandum of Understanding to reduce street homelessness by 50% across NSW by 2025.
The End Street Sleeping Collaboration Ltd will be working with local communities, people with lived experience of homelessness, government agencies and charities across NSW in a growing collaborative effort to reduce street sleeping by 2025 and work towards ending street sleeping by 2030.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com your application, including
• a brief letter addressing the criteria
• a resume.
Please quote in application: Community Impact Manager via Pro Bono Australia.