About the role
*** If applying, please ensure you complete the Selection Criteria ****
Are you an all-rounder when it comes to repairing and retailing computer hardware? We’re on the look-out for a guru computer technician who is equally skilled as they are passionate about tackling social disadvantage and protecting the environment.
Right now there is a massive demand for affordable technology to help disadvantaged members of our community stay connected to family, friends, teachers, support workers and health professionals during the pandemic, so here at Enable we are stepping up to help out!
This role is all about impact. Social impact from getting affordable tech into the hands of those in need, enabling employability skills and employment pathway outcomes for disadvantaged job-seekers as well as environmental impact through re-using tech instead if dismantling it wherever possible.
Key role requirements are;
- Test, diagnose, check functionality, grade and make next life decisions on various hardware
- Data destruction (Commercial data wiping, degaussing and crushing), Killdisk or similar
- Repair, upgrade and recommend pricing for hardware
- Test RAM, HDD, batteries and other parts for re-use
- Some warehousing and logistics support (stock control, pick, pack and dispatch)
- Mentor program participants
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Qualifications: Diploma in Information Technology or higher
- Microsoft Authorised Refurbisher certification highly desirable
- Min 6 years’ experience testing and repairing range of hardware ready for retail market
- Must have repair/seller refurbishing experience with PCs, laptops, tablets, notebooks, network equipment, monitors and mobile phones.
- Experience buying and selling on EBAY highly desirable
- Experienced using NETO e-commerce system highly desirable
- Current Working with Children check a must
Contract role for 1 year, 4 days per week with attractive salary and not for profit packaging benefits. Immediate start required.
About the organisation
Enable is an award winning not for profit and Social Enterprise on a mission to tackle disadvantage and break unemployment cycles. Since 2013 we have been delivering Employability Programs to help improve job prospects for people in our community experiencing or at risk of severe hardship, often due to significant employment barriers.
- Work experience and employability skills in supportive work and learning environment for job-seekers from disadvantaged backgrounds in the Hume local government area. Key benefits for participants include improved life skills, career direction, financial literacy, employability skills, on-job training as well as accredited and non-accredited training in a contemporary work environment designed to meet the work and learning needs of highly disadvantaged job-seekers.
- Technology Recycling, data destruction and re-marketing services. Accredited Computer recycling services including e-waste disassembly, re-marketing of refurbished equipment and parts. Commercial Data Destruction services and Asset Reporting.
- Online (multi-channel) shops. In the Click, an E-Bay store with a difference. 100% of proceeds from sales are retained to support work experience and employability skills programs for disadvantaged community. New e-commerce platform at www.intheclick.org.au rolling out early October, 2020.
- Pick and pack, warehousing and logistics services. Tailored end to end pick, pack and dispatch services and short-term storage.
- Volunteering (individuals and corporate). As a social enterprise, volunteers are an important part of our fabric to support our mission to break unemployment cycles and meet the needs of disadvantaged job-seekers. Volunteers can support our cause in a number of ways including; Board of Directors, advisers, subject matter expertise, projects, mentoring and fundraising support.
Vision, Mission and Values:
The impact of not having access to employment and training can be debilitating. Unemployment is a major reason for poverty and poverty is the major cause of housing stress and homelessness.
As a leading social enterprise, Enable's vision is a socially, environmentally and economically connected community without disadvantage.
To break unemployment cycles by enabling disadvantaged job-seekers to connect with community, environment, and improve prospects of participating in gainful employment through providing innovative and supportive work and learning programs.
Connectedness: We collaborate effectively to tackle disadvantage through creating social and environmental value and fostering economic development with the broader communities.
Challenging: We are innovative and able to lead and create new models for sustainable social enterprises and service excellence.
Passionate: We proudly and relentlessly encourage and support those in our local communities at risk of disadvantage and social exclusion caused by barriers to employment.
Inspire: We enable collective and individual social, economic and environmental impact through our upbeat, imaginative and motivating ways.
Click on Enable's impact to read more about our work.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: COMPUTER REPAIR AND REFURBISH TECHNICIAN (TECH CREW LEAD) via Pro Bono Australia.