About the role
Do you want to be part of a movement to support better giving in Australia? Philanthropy Australia (PA) is the peak body representing Philanthropy. Our purpose is to support the philanthropic community to grow giving and practice better philanthropy.
The newly created Content and Learning Officer at PA will support our strategies for sharing contemporary and emerging philanthropy content and practice by directly engaging and supporting members to enhance their own giving practice.
You will have input into PA’s programs and member professional development. Importantly, you will collaborate with groups and networks of members who are keen to develop their grant making strategies in areas of ‘best practice’ and support their collaboration and learning.
You will have some experience to provide logistics and admin support to deliver the content strategy through digital platforms, events and webinars, and share content for publications, newsletters and website articles to align with key themes and events.
- Tertiary qualification that aligns to the role (essential)
- Studies in philanthropy and social impact (advantageous)
- Minimum three years’ experience in the philanthropic and/or for-purpose sector
- Experience in development and delivery of content-rich programs in learning environments
- Ideally, experience working in a membership organisation or equivalent
- Understanding of contemporary and emerging philanthropic practice
- Experience in the engagement of external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills – building effective relationships, positive interactions, negotiation and effective problem solving
- Well-developed research and analysis skills, with high level of attention to detail
- Able to build consensus and resolve conflict to successfully work with groups with multiple interests, objectives and perspectives
About the organisation
Philanthropy Australia is the national peak body for philanthropy. We are an independent organisation of trusts, foundations, organisations, families, individual donors, professional advisers, intermediaries and not-for-profits as our membership.
Our purpose is to serve the philanthropic community to achieve more and better philanthropy. We are a growing movement of people and organisations who believe in the importance of giving and our members are proud to leverage their wealth and influence to create social change.
We do this through:
- Collaboration – helping our stakeholder groups grow philanthropy together;
- Connections – enabling the sharing of knowledge, innovation and research; and
- Capability – enhancing the skills of the philanthropic sector.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Content and Learning Officer via Pro Bono Australia.