About the role
YWCA Australia is currently seeking a dedicated Digital Marketing and Content Specialist to join our Communications Team. This role is offered on a full time basis and can be based in any YWCA Australia office locations (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Toowoomba, Darwin, Perth, Broken Hill, Lismore, Nowra etc.).
The Digital Marketing and Content Specialist will play a pivotal role in defining YWCA’s visual identity and voice on digital channels to appeal to our key audience of young women between the ages of 12 and 30. Your graphics and compelling copy will support our online advocacy activities, and will help us reach our long-term membership goal of reaching 10,000 young women members across Australia.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Passionate and enthusiastic with a strong understanding of, and commitment to feminism, gender-responsive policy and advocacy, and gender equality
- Experience and knowledge of graphic design and video editing software including Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and Rocketium
- Experience working within different digital communication platforms including WordPress, Mailchimp, Raisely, and more
- Experience writing for different audiences across different channels â e.g. from young people on social media to official submissions to government
- Experience working within a youth, feminist, or advocacy organisation or movement
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Results focused, self-motivated and a self-starter who goes above and beyond
- Desirable – relevant qualifications such as marketing, digital production or communications
This position will require the applicant to satisfactorily complete a national criminal history record check and hold the relevant state based working with vulnerable persons permit prior to employment.
INTERESTED? APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Amanda Chan, Senior Manager, Communications at YWCA Australia on: firstname.lastname@example.org (0433 843 643)
About the organisation
YWCA Australia is a feminist not-for-profit organisation focused on improving gender equality for women, young women and girls. Together we challenge the systems, structures and policies that act as barriers to women, especially young women, achieving their full potential.
Our evidence-based programs and services aim to be inclusive of all women and offer support with housing, homelessness, safety and wellbeing. We aim to positively impact the lives of more than two million women, young women and girls by the end of 2023.
How to apply
Please address the selection criteria in a Cover Letter to be considered for this position.
Please note: As part of the interview process, final candidates will be asked to undertake a two hour practical assessment which will include graphic design and copy writing for a fictional campaign.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday, 5 October 2020
Please quote in application: Digital Marketing and Content Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.