About the role
- Blended Roles Available
- headspace Craigieburn
- Part-time fixed term until 30/06/21; possible renewal subject to funding
- NFP Salary Packaging increasing take home pay
- Generous employer PPL scheme
- Leading organisation in youth mental health
As the Enhanced Access to Mental Health Clinician, you will be responsible for providing
clinical triage, intake, advice, support, advocacy, assessment and brief intervention services
in order to enhance the physical and mental health outcomes of young people with mental
health conditions living in the community. This role will be committed to providing clinically
effective, youth friendly and individually focused therapeutic interventions that are evidence-
based, best-practice assessment and intervention for a diverse range of mental health issues
experienced by young persons enrolled in secondary education. This position may also
support the planning, delivery and evaluation of community awareness, education initiatives
aligned to this program. With support, some inreach may also be required.
Although this fixed term position is part-time (0.4 – 0.5 FTE), Orygen is currently recruiting to
a number of clinical roles, providing opportunity to increase your FTE by working in an
additional similar role within headspace and/or Orygen Digital.
Similar clinician roles, available within the Orygen Digital team and our headspace centres,
can be found on our website. Orygen is also open to “blended” roles where clinicians may
work across both programs, for example three days with headspace and two days with
Orygen Digital. If you are interested in this blended approach, please apply for BOTH roles
and indicate this in your application, specifying number of days you wish to work in each role.
This opportunity offers exciting possibilities in developing a deeper understanding of health
care delivery and technologies for mental health.
As a guide, remuneration of $57,265 – $75,148 per annum pro rata plus superannuation is
offered, dependent on skills and experience; NFP generous salary sacrificing opportunities
are also available to the successful candidate.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this
To be considered you will need:
- Approved tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Full registration with AHPRA or AASW.
- Ability to demonstrate competence in provision of mental health care, including completion
of mental health assessments; risk assessment and crisis intervention/safety planning;
evidence based individual and group interventions to young people experiencing mental
health and/or substance use problems.
- Demonstrated ability to determine and plan for a young person’s recovery and support
needs, employing a shared-decision making approach.
- Proven skills in decision-making, problem-solving and risk management, in order to
demonstrate a sound ability to make decisions in relation to conducting intake and
assessments and determining a young people’s suitability for ongoing treatment/support
services at the centre.
- Understanding of all key legislation and translation of such within health and school setting.
- Competent communication skills and demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with other professionals including GP’s, student wellbeing staff at schools, etc.
- Be proficient in the use of Medical Director and Pracsoft Software specific to headspace Centre to record all client contact and to maintain accurate and comprehensive clinical notes of the psychological service rendered.
About the organisation
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on
mental ill-health in young people. Find out more on our website.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention
mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’
wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support
and alcohol and other drug services. Find our more on the headspace website.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and
retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and
age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage
applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to
achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen
offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work
arrangement, access to NFP salary packaging and an employee assistance program.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Enhanced Access to Mental Health Clinician via Pro Bono Australia.