About the role
- Headspace Sunshine
- NFP Salary Packaging options available
- Full-time fixed term position (Maternity Leave Cover)
- Leading organisation in youth mental health
Skills & Experience
- Approved tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Psychology, Social Work,
- Occupational Therapy, Nursing) and previous experience in senior role ideally youth
- Passion, energy and determination to make a difference to health outcomes for
- Extensive experience in the planning and provision of mental health care, including
completion of mental health assessments, crisis intervention, psychoeducation and
short-term treatment interventions to young people experiencing mental health and/or substance use, and/or other social difficulties, including current evidence-based approaches;
- Ability to be self-motivated and directed, demonstrating a sound ability to proactively oversee and lead decisions in relation to the intake/assessment services and young people’s suitability for ongoing treatment/support services at the centre;
- Extensive service system knowledge, relevant legislation, government policy and strategic directions in relation to mental health and alcohol and other substances particularly as it relates to young people;
- Demonstrated capacity to problem solve effectively and work creatively with young people, particularly within an early intervention framework;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team in a health setting and to provide leadership and supervision to staff and students;
About the organisation
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on
mental ill-health in young people. Find out more on our website.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention
mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’
wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support
and alcohol and other drug services. Find our more on the headspace website.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and
retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and
age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage
applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to
achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen
offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work
arrangement, access to NFP salary packaging and an employee assistance program.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Enhanced Care Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.