About the role
About the program
Building on our existing work and in line with the organisations vision, we are establishing a new national research, advocacy and capacity building centre into place-based approaches to strengthening communities.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional to join our leadership team as Executive Director, Place Based Centre for Research and Action. On offer is a full time opportunity.
We seek a dynamic individual with deep experience in community collaborating to establish and lead the centre, implement new initiatives at a national level, and build strong relationships at executive levels with government and non-government sectors, including academia.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated advocacy skills, a proven interest in research evidence and capacity to support the implementation of local place-based solutions.
You will also have a deep understanding of social and environmental justice and the importance of putting local communities at the heart of decision making.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, you will need to be able to work remotely until we can resume regular office routines, from our Central Office location in Richmond.
To be considered for the position, candidates should be proven leaders, with a commitment to the organisation’s values of Welcoming, Discerning and Courageous.
Other key attributes required include:
- A strong people-oriented and collaborative leadership style, with experience leading and motivating a highly skilled, committed, professional team, within a human services context.
- Experience developing, delivering, and monitoring strategic priorities and projects with clear measurable goals.
- Capacity to contribute to debates, forums and public conversations on place-based approaches to locational disadvantage.
- Experience in the practice of place-making and community capacity building.
- A commitment to promote the Centre as a thought leader in the sector.
- Success in building research, practice and advocacy partners both in Australia and internationally.
- Experience building financial sustainability for new initiatives.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, influencing and advocacy skills.
An attractive salary, plus superannuation and salary packaging is on offer.
What Jesuit Social Services can offer you:
- A comprehensive Induction and Orientation program
- Ongoing role related training and development
- An organisation that lives their values, through our day to day work
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Employee assistance program
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging benefits
- Generous leave
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, Jesuit Social Services has provided services to some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
How to apply
The position description can be found on our website, www.jss.org.au .
For further information, please contact Catherine Neville on 0407 318 832.
Applicants are required to respond to each of the Key Selection Criteria, with names and contact numbers of two referees. Your responses to the selection criteria should be incorporated into your covering letter.
Please apply in confidence.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 5 October 2020.
Applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date and may be subject to change without notice.
Jesuit Social Services is a Child Safe organisation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing a family friendly working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please quote in application: Executive Director, Place Based Centre for Research and Action via Pro Bono Australia.