About the role
As the Executive Manager, you will report directly to the CEO, and your key accountabilities will include:
- Strategic communications – Developing and implementing Strategic Communications Plan and achievement of communications related KPI’s and activities aligned to the Strategic Plan 2018-2021 and all communications for key projects in other Amaze program areas (Policy & Advocacy; Autism Connect – national autism helpline and Capacity Building) .
- Brand custodian – Acting as brand custodian across all communications relating to Amaze in line with brand guidelines and Amaze strategic operating principles, with particular emphasis on enforcing the priorities of appropriate language, and co-design with autistic people to ensure the dignity of autistic people is at the forefront of all Amaze communications.
- Fundraising – In collaboration with a fundraising consultant, support the delivery of the Amaze Fundraising Strategy by providing communications and branding expertise to fundraising activities.
- Executive Team participation – strategic contribution to Amaze’s strategic planning and delivery of KPIs, organisation financial sustainability with the CEO and Executive Mgmt Team.
What you will bring to this role:
- Degree qualification in an appropriate field – e.g. communications, public relations, marketing
- Demonstrated experience in a similar communications management role in a NFP or government environment
- Knowledge of, or demonstrated commitment to, building community engagement and collaboration with autistic people and their families and carers
- Exceptional verbal, written, presentation and persuasion skills, with the ability to build strategic partnerships to meet shared objectives
- High level project management, organisational skills and financial literacy to manage project and program budgets.
Knowledge of the disability sector, the NDIS, and/or providing communications support to fundraising activities and advocacy campaigns would also be highly regarded.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria, please see the position description.
About the organisation
For more than 50 years, Amaze has provided information and resources to autistic people and their families, the broader autism sector (service providers, researchers, autism organisations) and the wider community.
Today Amaze supports thousands of people every year and also advocates to government to influence positive change and builds the skills of the community to create a better world for autistic people and their families.
Amaze is committed to improving employment opportunities for autistic people. We do this both through advocating to the broader community and employing autistic people at Amaze. We endeavour to provide support and adjustments through the recruitment process and throughout employment to the specific needs of autistic candidates and employees. Autistic people with the skills and experience outlined in the position description are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
We welcome all applications from autistic individuals who meet the key selection criteria. If you would like to learn more about our recruitment process or adjustments that we offer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position please submit your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria to HR@amaze.org.au – please note that applications that do not respond to the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
For further information please contact Amaze at 9657 1600.
Applications close Sunday 27 September 2020.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Please quote in application: Executive Manager, Communications via Pro Bono Australia.