About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Maximum term to June 2021 | Based at Cranbourne
- Establish, expand or transfer your social work skills
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a social worker to join our Family Services program on a full time basis. The position is maximum term to June 2021 (parental leave cover).
The Family Services program supports families who are experiencing high levels of stress and difficulties that impact on parenting, family life and children’s well being. The program responds to referrals from Child FIRST, providing home based supports and assertive outreach.
In a typical day, a Family Services Practitioner might:
- Use a creative approach to arrange a visit with a reluctant new family
- Build rapport to carry out a strengths and risk assessment in the client’s home or child’s school
- Review with your supervisor plans to support a family’s goals
- Consult with Child Protection
- Discuss a difficult case with your team members in a Reflective Practice meeting
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification, to be uploaded as part of your application:
- Summarise your knowledge and use of the Child Youth & Family Act 2005 and Best Interest Principles
- Describe examples of how you have assessed risk to families
- Describe a time you have needed to be particularly innovative to encourage engagement with a reluctant family. What specific strategies were implemented? What was the outcome?
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- Responses to the key selection criteria questions above
Applications close Thursday 24 September 2020
Get in touch
- Kathleen Carns – Team Leader – 03 5990 8400
- Bask Cassar – Manager, Child and Family Services South – 03 8792 8999
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Family Services Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.