About the role
The goal of the Foundation Director is to drive the growth and success of The Moriah Foundation by delivering on all aspects of the strategic plan including:
- nurturing donor relationships
- driving development (fundraising) activities
- driving a culture of philanthropy/giving amongst all stakeholders of the College- educating the School community about its needs and importance
Key areas of responsibility:
- Leadership and management including financial management
- Donor relations and community engagement
- Gifts in Wills
- Growth/ income generation
- Marketing, communication and events, assisted by the Foundation Manager
- Supporting the Moriah Foundation President and Board
- Regular reporting to the Foundation Board and Board
To be considered for this role, you will have significant demonstrated experience and knowledge of current and evolving trends in philanthropy and fundraising campaigns. You will be able to demonstrate your experience in developing and implementing effective fundraising strategies and leading a multi-channel fundraising portfolio.
Importantly, you’ll possess excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, have the ability to forge strong and lasting relationships, and be able to work collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. You will be a passionate and authentic advocate for Moriah College and The Foundation.
Your eye for detail and excellent organisational skills will ensure you provide high-quality service delivery and support in a busy and complex environment.
- Attractive market driven salary package
- Salary packaging
- A seat at the Senior Management table
- Well established and highly regarded Foundation
- At least five years’ experience in a senior management and relationship management position. Experience as a relationship manager in financial services, legal services or major donor/philanthropic sector will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategy and deliver results
- Demonstrated capability leading and managing both a team(including volunteers) and project
- Experience of fundraising marketing and communications and familiarity with social media
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Ability to initiate, cultivate and maintain personal relationships with supporters and diverse personalities.
- Highly developed skills to influence individual giving through tailored asks, and creating a strong value proposition, with the ability to sell ideas. You are not afraid to hear no.
- Strong research and analytical capability.
- An innovative and creative mindset prepared to try new thinking and approaches.
- Strong financial analysis skills with demonstrated experience in budget management, pipeline management, compliance, reporting and strong commercial acumen.
- A caring disposition that displays kindness and empathy in all dealings
- An ability to be discrete
- Experience in the charity, non-profit and NGO sector
About the organisation
The Moriah Foundation was established in 2011 to ensure the long-term financial sustainability of Moriah College, to assist as many children as possible to access a Moriah education and all of its offerings, and to ensure that Moriah College remains a leading school of choice, delivering exceptional education and opportunities to all our students. It is through the Foundation that all fundraising activities of the College are conducted.
How to apply
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the role.
Please address each of the selection criteria in your covering letter. Also explain why you would like this role.
Please note: Applications without a cover letter addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: Friday 2nd October 2020 at 3pm
To receive a copy of the job description: Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put' Director of Moriah Foundation' in the subject line of your email.
Please quote in application: Foundation Director – The Moriah College Foundation via Pro Bono Australia.