About the role
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the Programs team in developing and delivery of Earthwatch’s portfolio of citizen science and learning program
- Ensure Earthwatch’s portfolio positions the organization as a leader in citizen science experiences and sustainable behaviour change
- Manage, maintain and oversee Earthwatch OHS procedures to ensure best practice
- Work closely with the CDO and CEO in partnership proposal writing and reporting, relationship building and management, and delivering organizational strategy
- Administrative duties
- Essential criteria
- Must be an Australian citizen/PR or hold a valid work visa
- Degree with Honours in a relevant field (i.e. conservation biology, environmental science, ecology), or Degree in a relevant field and significant fieldwork experience
- Significant experience in conducting or managing field expeditions
- Knowledge and experience of international best practice in Risk Management and Field Safety
- Excellent track record in working with diverse teams of people
- Experience in management of program finances in a prudent manner
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Exemplary people management skills
- Knowledge of natural capital, marine debris, blue carbon, climate change science and phenology or environmental markets and/or environmental economics
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Grant or proposal writing experience
- Ability to travel interstate/work outside of normal office hours while in the field
Your passion for environmental sustainability and citizen science engagement, behaviour change and fieldwork safety will be highly regarded. Earthwatch Australia is a small organisation, so your ability to work in a small team, be self-motivated, result-oriented and show initiative is critical.
About the organisation
Earthwatch Institute is a leading global environmental organisation, committed to conserving the diversity and integrity of life on Earth to meet the needs of current and future generations.
Founded in 1971, and with five offices around the globe, our aim is to empower people to save the natural world. We do this by engaging the community directly in environmental and sustainability experiences through Work (corporate programs), Life (student and teacher programs) and Play (public expeditions). This hands on experience bridges the gap between science and the community and creates an informed society that can translate scientific knowledge into sustainable action.
Focusing our research on the most critical issues facing our planet (climate change, ocean health, restoring our iconic landscape and protecting our unique wildlife), we have to-date supported thousands of research expeditions across the globe.
Find out more about us at: https://www.earthwatch.org.au/
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with the following:
- A cover letter (max 500 words) addressing your interest in the organization and the role. Remember this is your chance to shine, so tell us why you should be our next Head of Programs;
- Your resume, and;
- A document outlining how you meet the essential criteria and any of the desirable criteria
Applications for this position are open until September 30th and we’re aiming for a start date in the first half of October.
Please quote in application: Head of Programs via Pro Bono Australia.