About the role
Scope has an exciting and unique opportunity for a [Knowledge Manager] to work within our [Innovation, Improvements & Customer Experience Division].
This is a newly established position and business area for the organisation and requires an individual who is able to operate dynamically, to successfully embrace the role.
- Lead the development and implementation of Scope’s Knowledge Management Strategy
- Lead the design and deployment of Scope’s Enterprise Content Management System
- Promote knowledge sharing through Scope’s operational business processes and systems by:
- Strengthening links between knowledge sharing and the information systems and
- Improving integration among information systems in the organisation, to facilitate seamless exchange of information across systems
- Maximise the development of Scope’s knowledge management systems by ensuring compliance, reducing complexity, improving understanding of usability and functionality
- Establishment of a Knowledge Management team
- Deliver a business designed ECMS which significantly improves acquisition, storage, retrieval and usage of critical records on a staged basis
- Workflow digitisation of records (process fully implemented)
- Fully establish Knowledge Management Framework
- Provide high quality support, training and detailed advice and assistance to staff on the use of Scope’s knowledge management systems.
- The successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of Scope’s Knowledge Management Strategy, in addition to leading the design and deployment of Scope’s Enterprise Content Management System (ECMS).
- Drive and promote knowledge sharing through Scope’s operational business processes and systems
- Strengthening links between knowledge sharing and the information systems and improving integration among information information systems in the organisation, to facilitate seamless exchange of information across systems.
- You will possess highly developed leadership and stakeholder management skills to drive
- Navigate through complex and changing business environments
- You will possess previous knowledge and experience in developing and implementing advanced knowledge management strategies from inception including the design and deployment of an Enterprise Content Management System and the facilitation of knowledge sharing practices and culture within an organisation.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to hold a Working with Children Check and a Police Check issued in the last 12 months for employment in the Disability sector. If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required.
About the organisation
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review’s 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging and purchased annual leave scheme. You will also get the unique chance to work in a sector that is seeing the biggest social reform since the introduction of Medicare.
Take your career on a journey with Scope and work proactively with us to achieve our mission!