About the role
As Melbourne’s third oldest hospital, the Eye and Ear has witnessed many changes since it began, as the Eye and Ear Infirmary in 1863. Celebrated as Australia’s only specialist eye, ear, nose and throat hospital it provides exemplary care to more than 250,000 patients each year.
Research is one of the cornerstones of their success, currently supporting over 200 cutting edge research projects ranging from clinical trials testing medicines and devices for the first time in humans to all types of clinical, population and health services research.
- PBA salary packaging
- 4 weeks leave
- 1 accrued day leave per month based on a 40hr week
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Professional development opportunities
Reporting to the CEO this key role is responsible for managing a $3.4M fundraising program. The priority for this position will be to lead a capital works project and develop a major gifts program whilst continuing to raise income via regular giving, philanthropy and bequests.
This pivotal leadership role will work closely with the Executive and Board and is responsible for transforming traditional fundraising activities into a strategic donor centric program that is scalable and sustainable for the long term.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing a diverse fundraising strategy including a capital works project
- Initiating a major donor program, identifying high net worth prospects and making “asks”
- Engaging the board and stakeholders with a culture of philanthropy
- Lead a small fundraising team and work hands on across the program areas
This opportunity will suit a senior relationship-focused fundraiser with:
- A proven track record of leading and growing a substantial fundraising program
- Experience managing a capital campaign and/or major gift program
- Best practice fundraising program design and implementation
- Excellent leadership, communication and organisational skills.
- Experience working with boards of management
If leading the fundraising program for a hospital pioneering eye and ear health is of interest to you, please apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above. Alternatively, please call Anna Skeels on 02 8243 0500.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Manager Philanthropy & Fundraising via Pro Bono Australia.