About the role
Reporting to the Executive Director Marketing & Fundraising, the National Manager Philanthropy is responsible for developing the Major Gift Program as well as maintaining ongoing stewardship contact with existing and prospective major gift supporters. The National Manager Philanthropy will oversee all aspects of the high value/major gift supporters’ giving cycle.
About the program
Stroke Foundation’s Philanthropy team aims to inspire and encourage more people to provide a significant gift towards our fight against stroke. This will ultimately lead to increased levels of funding for our stroke programs and services.
- Develop an annual program of philanthropic priorities to generate income and achieve budgets in line with the strategic plan for Stroke Foundation.
- Nurturing positive relationships with existing and prospective major gift supporters to ensure their requirements are met and they are communicated with in an appropriate and respectful manner.
- Developing appropriate engagement and recognition strategies for High Value and Major Gift Supporters.
- Supporting the development and delivery of appropriate supporter engagement opportunities and events.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders on the development of external relationship with donors to maximise the benefits to the Stroke Foundation.
- Deputise for the Executive Director Marketing & Fundraising as required
- Tertiary qualifications in fundraising, business or marketing with 5+ years’ experience in major gifts/philanthropy or fundraising at senior management level.
- Strong understanding of the not-for-profit sector.
- Excellent understanding of fundraising principles and best practice.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills, including the ability to champion the Stroke Foundation and build rapport with a broad range of donors, supporters and stakeholders
- Exceptional customer service and relationship management skills, with clear ability to relate to people of varied ages and cultural backgrounds, particularly the elderly.
- Deep understanding of best practice major gift strategies (including research, identification and engagement).
What’s on offer?
A flexible, innovative and dynamic organisation with engaged, knowledgeable staff with the added benefits of competitive remuneration and salary packaging advantages.This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of Australia’s leading not-for profit organisations that has a positive influence on the lives of thousands of Australians each year.
If you are passionate about making an impact, and want to be part of an organisation that is making a real difference in people’s lives, please forward your resume with a covering letter to email@example.com
The Stroke Foundation embraces cultural diversity and strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
About the organisation
The Stroke Foundation is a national not-for-profit organisation that works with stroke survivors, carers, health professionals, government and the public to reduce the impact of stroke on the Australian community. Our mission is to Prevent Stroke, Save Lives, Enhance Recovery.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: National Manager Philanthropy via Pro Bono Australia.