About the role
- Fixed term contract (Maternity Leave cover)
- Parkville base (initially working from home)
- Leading organisation in youth mental health
Are you interested in adaptive and innovative service design? Do you want to lead a dynamic team that contribute to enhanced pathways for young people?
About the role and its impact
We are seeking applications for maternity leave cover for the Parkville Hub Manager. This position will be placed within the Innovation stream and is fixed term until 30 June 2021 with possibility of renewal to October 2021 subject to funding.
Based at Orygen’s Parkville Hub, you will initially commence work remotely from home. As such a reliable internet connection will be required.
We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on that outcome, pioneering new, positive approaches to the prevention and treatment of mental disorders.
The Parkville Hub Manager will be responsible for a number of activities and deliverables:
- Manage and lead the Parkville Hub roll out and integration of key components from the broader Regional Model Implementation Plan.
- Participate in complex program planning and at times higher level planning and policy development including liaising and coordinating with key stakeholders.
- Implement key service delivery activities outlined in the Regional Model Implementation Plans, including a range of mental health services, psychosocial services, co-located partner organisations, and general client facing services such as peer work, front of house and reception services.
- Provide direct supervision and management to the small team of administration and clinicians delivering services to young people as part of the Integrated Service Hub demonstration.
- Actively work to facilitate a positive youth, family/carer and staff friendly environment at Integrated Service
- Build and oversee a Private GP and Allied Health Practice within the Integrated Service Hub.
- Facilitate and support the involvement of young people and their families in the design and delivery of services at the Parkville Hub.
As a guide, remuneration of $94,947 – $121,643 per annum pro rata plus superannuation is offered, dependent on skills and experience; NFP generous salary sacrificing opportunities are also available to the successful candidate.
Please refer to the Position Description below for the selection criteria and other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
To be considered you will need:
Approved formal qualification(s) & required registration(s) for one of the following: Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Nursing (EN/RPN) and current registration with AHPRA/AASW; or equivalent experience and qualifications.
Passionate and experienced with young people’s mental health, innovative service delivery and primary care platforms.
Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborative with a wide range of people.
A commitment to improving the way services are delivered for young people and their carers/family.
About the organisation
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people. Find out more on our website.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, access to NFP salary packaging and an employee assistance program.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please submit your resume, cover letter and a document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: ‘Parkville Hub Manager’, followed by your ‘full name’.
For a private and confidential discussion, please contact Amelia Callaghan at email@example.com.
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday 29th September 2020, 11:59PM AEST
Orygen reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Please quote in application: Parkville Hub Manager via Pro Bono Australia.