About the role
- NFP Salary Packaging; work/life balance
- Part-time/Full-time fixed term position until 30 July 2021
(possibility of renewal subject to funding)
- Parkville base (initially working from home)
We are currently seeking applications for a part-time/full-time (0.8 – 1.0 FTE) Peer Work Project
Officer to join our Orygen Digital team. This position is fixed term and is available until 30 July
2021 with the possibility of renewal subject to funding. Based at Parkville, you will initially
commence working from home. As such a reliable internet connection will be required.
As the Peer Work Project Officer, you will coordinate and advocate for the peer work program
for the Moderated Online Social Therapy (MOST) Victoria wide rollout project, and will develop
relationships with key internal and external partners to support the peer work strategy.
Coordinating the peer work component of this project, you will contribute to peer work
recruitment, training and development, and provide supervision and support to youth peer
workers involved in these activities. This role will also involve supporting the broader integration
of youth participation and reinforcing the importance of peer work within the MOST project.
As a guide, remuneration of $60,000 – $70,000 per annum pro rata plus superannuation is
offered, dependent on skills and experience; NFP generous salary sacrificing opportunities are
also available to the successful candidate.
Please refer to the Position Description below for the selection criteria and other responsibilities,
skills and experience required for this position.
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in youth work or a related field and/or equivalent relevant work
- Experience providing peer work and/or peer work supervision in a youth mental health
- Understanding of the mental health sector and, in particular, youth mental health.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and expertise in applying youth participation and peer work
principles to real world settings.
- Willingness to advocate for the needs of the peer workforce.
- Knowledge of the common mental health problems facing young people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport with a wide range of
stakeholders including young people and youth service providers.
Desirable (not essential)
- Experience as a peer worker or peer work supervisor via a digital mental health
- Experience with youth participation and consumer engagement.
About the organisation
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on
mental ill-health in young people. Find out more on our website.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and
retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability
and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly
encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to
achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers
a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement,
access to NFP salary packaging and an employee assistance program.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Peer Work Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.