About the role
- Hours: Full Time, 38 hours per week.
- Status: Fixed Term contract to 30 June 2021 with possibility of extension
- Salary: $110,000 p.a. + super with the option to salary package.
This position is a key management role responsible for the delivery of NDS’s Access and Inclusion programs including ACROD Parking, Companion Card, Changing Places network and employment initiatives for people with disability.
This role will focus on best practice contemporary models of service delivery and embrace technology to deliver better outcomes and respond to the changing needs of both people with disability and the disability services sector.
It is expected that the position holder is aligned to, and demonstrates NDS’ values of respect, teamwork and collaboration, leadership, innovation and accountability at all times.
- Manage delivery of all Western Australia Access and Inclusion
programs, and employment related sector development initiatives.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with significant
stakeholders, including funders, to strengthen and support the Access
and Inclusion Programs, and Employment Programs.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge and analysis on access and
inclusion and employment, relating to the West Australian community
and disability sector.
- Undertake ad hoc duties arising
To be successful in this role you must have:
- High-level leadership and management skills and proven capability to
plan and manage projects with multiple priorities and deadlines on time
and on budget.
- High level consultation, communication and interpersonal skills with the
demonstrated capacity to engage with a range of internal and external
stakeholders to achieve results, present effectively to various
audiences and the ability to write clean and accurate reports.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing teams and working harmoniously within a team environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge and a contemporary understanding of the disability sector, the NDIS, disability human rights and the barriers/ opportunities to community inclusion and employment for people with disability.
- Computer Literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Independent travel capability.
- A qualification in a relevant discipline (Community / Human Services related).
About the organisation
National Disability Services (NDS) is Australia's peak body for non- government disability service organisations, representing over 1180 non- government service providers.
At NDS, we are committed to supporting our members and the disability sector more broadly to provide high quality support and services to people with disability. NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP). NDS is committed to fostering an inclusive and values driven work environment respecting the diversity of our employees, and the members and communities we serve.
NDS employees come with a strong appreciation for the disability sector, and the passion to make a difference.
What we offer
- Flexible working including working from home
- Salary packaging
- Collaborative environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and development
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact the Manager Marketing and Inclusion on 08 9208 9803
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.
If you have any requirements for the interview (e.g. mobility access, or other adjustments), please let us know in advance so accessibility arrangements can be made.
NDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applications from all diverse groups and backgrounds.
Please quote in application: Program Manager, Access, Inclusion & Employment via Pro Bono Australia.