About the role
Role and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Regional and Landscape Conservation Program Directors support the strategic development and implementation of IFAW’s landscape conservation program within Australia focusing on koala habitat restoration and connectivity campaign.
- In collaboration with the Regional and other Program Directors, plays an integral part in the strategic development of program integration with Rescue program areas to ensure the institutional objectives of cross programmatic integration are realized in target areas.
- With guidance from the Regional and Landscape Conservation Directors ensure effective planning and budgeting of Oceania landscape Conservation projects line with institutional goals and support administrative systems within the program function to ensure high quality project planning and reporting, including preparing and monitoring work plans, budgets, and technical reports.
- In collaboration with the Regional Director and Landscape Conservation Director support development of project proposals and be responsible for identifying new program opportunities and assisting with conducting due diligence to ensure alignment with institutional goals. .
- Ensures that the effective development of strategies for IFAW habitat and koala corridor restoration are designed to change public, government and business behavior, in collaboration with the Regional Director, Program Directors and appropriate IFAW wide program staff.
- Collaborate with relevant staff on project-related communications including writing, editing and helping with web stories, fact sheets, publications and other knowledge and communications material.
- Provide technical expertise to support timely and quality delivery of projects outputs and outcomes and ensure the long-term impact of project activities as it relates to Landscape Conservation program and enhance IFAW presence.
- Represents, when necessary and appropriate, IFAW and the Landscape Conservation Director at partner meetings, and works with the regional team to promote and develop the Director’s role as key spokesperson for IFAW in the program area.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of animal welfare and conservation issues as well as other related issues, including collaborating with leading research institutions on conservation connectivity initiatives. Ensure the Regional Director and Program Directors are kept fully briefed of programmatic strategic developments.
About the organisation
The International Fund for Animal Welfare is a global non-profit helping animals and people thrive together. We are experts and everyday people, working across seas, oceans, and in more than 40 countries around the world. We rescue, rehabilitate, and release animals, and we restore and protect their natural habitats. The problems we’re up against are urgent and complicated. To solve them, we match fresh thinking with bold action. We partner with local communities, governments, non-governmental organizations, and businesses. Together, we pioneer new and innovative ways to help all species flourish.
How to apply
To apply, please submit CV and letter of interest to Recruitau@ifaw.org
Please quote in application: PROGRAM OFFICER, LANDSCAPE CONSERVATION via Pro Bono Australia.