About the role
The Relationship Manager is responsible for the acquisition, retention and relationship management of CARE Australia’s ‘mid-value’ donors across various channels including direct mail, digital, telephone and one-to-one meetings.They are also responsible for the management of our Gifts in Wills program.
They will work closely with the Cash Giving Manager to ensure appropriate stewardship of Middle Value and Gift in Wills donors in direct marketing cash appeals or donor care activities.
They will also collaborate with the Philanthropy Manager to identify opportunities for upgrading mid value donors into the Major donor portfolio and work closely with the digital fundraising and marketing teams to develop marketing strategies for GIW acquisition.
The role holds accountability for the achievement of financial and non-financial performance targets related to our annual appeals program and will oversee the development of an annual strategy and budget relating to their program. Budget management and reporting against KPIs will be included in their responsibilities.
- Develop, implement and manage CARE’s mid-level donor program (individuals in the $500–$5,000 giving range), including establishing short-term and long-term strategies.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of innovative, multi-channel stewardship strategies for the acquisition, retention and growth of mid-level supporters.
- Utilise data-driven insights, commitment scoring and supporter surveys to determine priorities and to ensure approaches are stakeholder-centric.
- Track all correspondence with mid-level supporters in CRM, maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Implement CARE’s Gift In Wills Program including development of proposition and collateral
- Work with the Donor Relations team to analyze CARE’s donor program and help develop strategies for renewing, and upgrading donors.
- Develop shared KPIs for prospect and pipeline development.
- Manage administration of legacy work including liaison with lawyers/administrators of estates, coordination of authority forms and representation of CARE in meetings with lawyers and other charities when an estate has been contested. Seek legal advice when estates are contested
Ideally you will have:
- 3-5 years in an individual giving or mid-level program capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful strategies for supporter recruitment and retention
- Demonstrated ability to produce program and project documentation, such as strategy documents, creative briefs, data briefs, project plans, wrap-up reports, KPI reports
- Familiarity with complex data segmentation for large fundraising programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal calmly with pressure and deadlines and to communicate with diplomacy in all scenarios
- Collaborative team player able to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Ability to analyse and organise information to identify philanthropic patterns, tendencies, and relationships among supporters
- Demonstrated understanding of bequest programs, Estates and Wills
What we can offer you
- A flexible and supportive working environment
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17.5% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
About the organisation
CARE is a leading international humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Relationship Manager via Pro Bono Australia.