About the role
This role will make a critical contribution to Justice Connect’s high impact interventions that increase access to legal support and achieve social justice in Australia.
Work alongside a team of leaders in access to justice and advocacy to change the experience of legal problems in Australia for good. You are creative and will thrive in a collaborative environment where you can bring your expertise in communicating and influencing to complement the subject matter expertise of staff at Justice Connect.
You’ll play an integral role in Justice Connect’s strategic engagement projects to help deliver compelling brand, voice, and presence, and reach the right audience with the right message. You will create meaningful engagement opportunities for our key stakeholders to deepen and widen support for Justice Connect and its mission to increase access to justice, as well as helping Justice Connect to reach those in the community that need its services.
- Play a lead role in strategic digital and communication projects, including
– internal and external stakeholder engagement and relationship management
– gather input, feedback and requirements from internal teams and stakeholders
– research, plan and execute advocacy campaigns in collaboration with Justice Connect’s subject matter experts
- Manage third-party service and external contractors, produce briefs, and liaise with them to supply key deliverables
CAMPAIGNING AND MARKETING
- Drive engagement, performance and strong outputs of the Communications and Engagement team, and lead capacity building efforts across the organisation around engagement activities
- Proactively monitor media for strategic advocacy opportunities, build relationships with media and prepare media alerts
- Produce compelling communications including blog posts, marketing emails and social media content
- Develop, execute and analyse digital marketing campaigns to reach people in need of services and meet strategic engagement objectives
- Work alongside internal teams to create effective and visually appealing content for internal and external use, across both print and digital
- Manage and update Justice Connect’s database
- Manage external consultants and contractors and/or supervise the work of volunteers assisting with any of the above
- Contribute to Justice Connect Reconciliation Action Plan activities
- Perform other duties as directed and necessary to the successful delivery of the role
- Please view the attached PDF for information regarding the selection criteria.
- Justice Connect offers employment benefits including salary packaging (making part of your salary tax-free), flexible working arrangements, above award annual leave provisions and opportunities for professional development. Justice Connect is an organisation that strives to show leadership, operate sustainably and demonstrate our effectiveness. You will be rewarded with a workplace culture that is professional, committed, collaborative and creative and where you can make a real difference through your work.
About the organisation
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Australia’s most successful public interest and social justice organisations. In the face of huge unmet legal need, Justice Connect delivers high impact interventions to increase access to legal support and social justice.
At Justice Connect, we improve lives through tackling individual, community and system-level problems. We use a wide range of tools to deliver meaningful change from legal skills and strategies, to community engagement, digital product development and communications campaigns.
The key to our impact is the passionate commitment of our people. We hold ourselves to the highest standards,driven by a desire to deliver real improvements in the lives of the people and communities we help.
Justice Connect is a dynamic and innovative organisation and has grown rapidly over the last four years. We are seeking a Senior Communications Lead to play a key role in delivering on Justice Connect’s strategy.
This role will make a critical contribution to Justice Connect’s high impact interventions.
How to apply
The application process is as follows:
- Applications should be addressed to Roj Amedi, Communications and Engagement Manager and should comprise a cover letter, your resume, and a succinct statement outlining your suitability for the role with reference to the selection criteria
- Applications should be emailed to email@example.com as a single word or PDF file including “Senior Communications Lead via Pro Bono Australia” in the email subject line.
- Applications close at 5:30pm on Friday 02 October 2020.
We know our team and our organisation is stronger with a diversity of backgrounds and experience,including lived experience of the issues we work on. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of colour, people from culturally and linguistically diverse and refugee backgrounds, people with diverse religious beliefs, LGBTIQ+ people and people living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please quote in application: Senior Communications Lead, Innovation and Engagement via Pro Bono Australia.