About the role
The One Girl community is a huge part of who we are, and this role is pivotal in engaging and growing this inspiring group of change-makers. To do this you will work closely with the fundraising and program teams to create creative, youthful, dynamic and inspiring content for our social media, website and digital supporter communications.
As a young team, we like to challenge the status quo and do things a little differently so we’re looking for someone who will push the boundaries creatively, and come up with new ideas to help take our communications to the next level!
- Brand-focussed content creation (including filming, editing, writing) and publishing for One Girl’s website, blog, social media and email campaigns, and other donor engagement pieces (creative writing flair highly regarded).
- Creating social and digital content plans to maximise opportunities to increase our supporter base, online sales (fundraising) and online engagement.
- Monitoring and moderating social media engagement on a regular basis.
- Maintaining content calendars for each fundraising product leveraging culturally relevant moments to maximise the relevance and reach of our storytelling to drive engagement and follower growth.
- Understanding our core audiences and how to leverage social media and content to influence our customer’s hearts and minds, providing insights back to the wider team.
- Managing One Girl’s social media accounts; building, executing and planning social campaigns in-line with broader communications, fundraising and campaign strategies.
- Employ social and digital monitoring tools to provide insights for further engagement and growth
- Editing and updating One Girl website content (knowledge of writing for the web and basic working knowledge of Funraisin, WordPress or similar CMS platform highly regarded).
Qualifications and Experience:
- You have a tertiary degree in Media and Communications or a related field or relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in a communications role managing social media accounts (experience managing paid social media campaigns very highly regarded).
- You have experience working with WordPress (or similar CMS) and MailChimp (or similar email platform).
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM & Google AdWords as well as tracking and analysis highly regarded
- Experience or knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) will be highly regarded.
About the organisation
At One Girl, we believe that every girl on the planet has the right to an education. No matter where she is born, how much her family earns, what religion she adheres to or what her culture says; every girl deserves the opportunity to learn, grow, and be the best she can be. We are on a huge mission to change the world, one girl at a time!
How to apply
Please apply online via this form: https://onegirl.typeform.com/to/CqIquLYA
Applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis.
Please quote in application: Social Media and Digital Content Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.