About the role
- Fixed-term contract (through to June 2021)
- Part-time role (three days per week)
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to organise your own timetable
- Salary: $75 per hour Contractor to Launch Housing. ABN Required.
- Great South Melbourne location, close to public transportation, shops and cafes]
Are you wanting to make a difference in the lives of children who experience homelessness or and family violence?
This role provides the unique opportunity to work with our most vulnerable cohort of children, with the aim to break cycles of poverty and to disrupt the primary school to prison pipeline.
You will be working closely with social workers, psychologists and schools to provide outreach wrap around care to children who have a trauma history and significant lost learning time.
Flexible working hours and the opportunity to organise your own timetable, this part-time role would suit someone who values work autonomy with a passion for working with disadvantaged children.
You will implement a wide range of assessments, predominantly in the areas of language, literacy, learning, social skills and speech, to identify individual strengths, challenges and diagnoses.
You will identify goals for intervention and carefully probe for progress in each session.
You will provide evidence-based intervention in individual and group formats. Your intervention will consist primarily of targeting language, reading, spelling, written expression, learning, social skills and speech goals derived from your detailed assessments.
You will regularly liaise with schools and attend meetings to ensure a team-based approach to support.
You will regularly provide written and verbal information and advice to the individual, their families and other professionals to keep them informed of your progress.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Degree or Masters in Speech Pathologist and eligibility for membership of discipline specific association
- Valid Driver’s Licence and reliable transportation
- Strong knowledge of child development and developmental trauma
- Experience working with children and parents impacted by homelessness, family violence and disadvantage will be advantageous
- Experience working with children who have experienced lost learning time and have gaps within their learning
- Have experience conducting formal CELF-5 assessments and providing feedback to parents and teachers
- All relevant insurances and ABN required to practice as a Contractor
About the organisation
Launch Housing is an independent Melbourne based community organisation passionately committed to ending homelessness. From providing high quality housing to an innovative range of support, education and employment services, we bring solutions to homelessness under one roof for thousands at risk of, or experiencing the crisis and trauma of homelessness. With over 400 staff working across 14 locations in metropolitan Melbourne, we combine direct action with advocacy, research and innovation to drive widespread change.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Speech Pathologist via Pro Bono Australia.