About the role
To apply for this position please go to https://www.acon.org.au/about-acon/jobs/ and download instructions for applying contained in the “Job Pack – Team Leader Community Health Promotion Northern Rivers – September 2020”.
To be considered, all applications must include
- Completed ACON application form
- Document addressing the Selection Criteria
- Copy of your resume.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 4 October 2020.
Team Leader Community Health Promotion Northern Rivers
- Work in a great location with amazing beaches, beautiful hinterland and a choice of regional cities, country towns or rural surroundings to live in
- Enjoy ACON’s colourful, modern and professional offices
- Passionate about supporting people of diverse sexualities and genders, and people living with HIV to live their healthiest lives
- Competitive salary and generous salary packaging options are available
- ACON is committed to your professional development and engagement
- Vibrant, thriving LGBTI community
Based in Lismore, we’re looking for a committed and experienced individual to enhance the delivery of ACON’s services, campaigns and health messages across regional NSW.
We’re offering a great opportunity for an experienced health promotion worker with leadership experience to use their skills in leading a small team delivering harm reduction and health promotion, to coordinate the delivery of outreach, community development and sector capacity building to sexually diverse people and people living with HIV across the Northern and the Mid North Coast Local Health Districts.
You will work in partnership with local services, networks and groups, and other ACON teams to ensure effective program delivery to our communities through an outreach model of service delivery.
Skills required in the role include:
- Demonstrated skills in staff supervision, team leadership, performance evaluation and program management.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of community development and health promotion programs within a community organisation context.
- Demonstrated understanding of sexual and general health issues and the information needs of gay men and the LGBTI community.
- Proven ability to plan and undertake health promotion outreach activities across a wide geographical area and to provide appropriate client referrals as required.
- A current NSW driver’s licence and ability to travel frequently within the Northern Rivers and to Sydney (dependant on COVID-19 Restrictions).
This position is offered on a full-time basis with an annual base salary of $78-90K commensurate with skills and experience plus superannuation and leave loading. You may also elect to salary package a portion of your salary (up to $30,000 gross-up value) tax-free.
Applicants must be comfortable working in an LGBTQ community organisation.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Michael Tizard, Regional Manager Northern Rivers, on 02 6622 1555
Applications close Sunday 4 October 2020.
About the organisation
ACON is here to create opportunities for people of diverse sexualities and genders, and people living with HIV to live their healthiest lives. ACON offers a colourful, nurturing and professional workplace.
Our staff and volunteers are the foundation for our ongoing effectiveness. ACON is committed to our employee’s professional development and engagement - ensuring we build our capabilities with people who have the right values, attitudes, skills and knowledge.
ACON is an EEO employer. As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, people with HIV, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader Community Health Promotion Northern Rivers via Pro Bono Australia.