About the role
We are looking for a highly experienced passionate leader to oversee operational services and programs within Victoria to ensure quality service is provided to customers. You will be responsible for service delivery, partnership management and maintaining successful networks across CHL services in Victoria, which include; property management and tenancy programs, homelessness services, accommodation support, and funded programs or contracts. You will also act as a point of escalation for complex issues.
Working collaboratively with the Victorian management team, you will:
- Provide quality services to customers
- Manage programs to meet compliance, contractual, reporting and CHL requirements
- Implement and contribute to State Operational Plan(s)
- Effective management of staff and teams.
- Ensure timely and accurate data collection and administration.
- Work with the Program Development and Relationship Manager to create and maintain effective partnerships with external bodies.
- Contribute to the community housing sector in Victoria.
What will success look like?
To be successful as our State Operations Manager in Victoria you will need to demonstrate experience in leading and managing staff, as well as a as a sound understanding of best practice social housing management, policy and legislation applying to the community housing industry.
You will possess key attributes including:
- Strong and effective decision-making skills, with a client and advocacy focus
- Nurturing relationships to foster and maintain a successful working team environment
- Encourage and drive a culture of achievement, including continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills
- A current driver’s license
- A commitment to the right of all people to affordable and sustainable housing
About the organisation
Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in ne
Benefits of Working for CHL
In reward for your hard work you will be offered: salary packaging; a structured induction process and an opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team environment; training and development, both professional and cultural; performance and development reviews; access to an employee assistance program; time in lieu; and, participation in a corporate health and wellbeing program.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
CHL is an equal opportunity employer working closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must respond to the applications questions and submit a cover letter and resume. For a confidential conversation about the position please call the Grant McNeill, State Manager on 03 5120 4807.
For more information about working with CHL please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/join-the-team/positions-vacant/
Please quote in application: Victoria State Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.