About the role
- Based in Ashfield
- Full Time Permanent Position
- Salary packaging options to increase your take home pay & flexible working hours
The purpose of the role is to develop, implement and maintain best practice health and safety strategies and systems across the organisation. You will be accountable for executing health and safety systems, reporting and advising in order to ensure legal compliance whilst driving continuous improvement and best practice in all key health and safety activities.
- Ensure relevant health and safety legislative obligations and responsibilities are implemented and maintained across the organisation
- Implement and manage risk management strategies and hazard identification.
- Maintain a comprehensive health and safety software system to monitor incident/injury reporting and recording investigations. Including data collection, analysis and reporting to management on a regular basis
- Maintain a health and safety software system to initiate and monitor workplace inspection activities and health and safety audits on a regular basis.
- Develop, maintain and implement health and safety initiatives and programs consistent with SSI’s health and safety plans, targets and strategies
To be successful for this role you must have at least 5 years experience in health and safety management and legislative and technical knowledge in NSW Workers Compensation legislation. The ability to develop, design and deliver health and safety training programs to the workforce and management are key skills required for this role.
Please respond to the “About You” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
Our workplace reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full authentic selves to work. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices and abilities of our employees.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment or would like a copy of the position description please email us at .
Applications close date: 22nd September 2020
About the organisation
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of these lands and waters and we welcome the opportunity to learn more about Aboriginal people of Australia. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and appreciate applications from its members.
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with people with a refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability, youth and children and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
SSI draws on its expertise and experience to advocate for the people and communities it serves. Through the work we do, we empower people to change their lives. Through our advocacy and representation, we influence ideas and policy.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Workplace Health & Safety Officer via Pro Bono Australia.