About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- 6x Full time positions
- Positions based in Leongatha, Wangaratta, Albury & Mount Waverley
About the opportunity
Carer Support Services provides support and services under a number of programs including the newly established Carer Gateway – Carer Gateway Service Provider, State funded Support for Carers Program, Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP).
We’re looking for motivated people who have a genuine interest in and commitment to working with vulnerable people in our community. Empathy, resilience, outstanding personal qualities and a preference for working within a collaborative team environment are qualities that will succeed in the role.
In addition to the above you will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in either Disability, Social Work, Health, Welfare, Community Services or Development.
- Understanding of privacy and confidentiality obligations
- Understanding of the issues related specifically to the caring role.
- Experience or knowledge regarding the provision of care to the elderly and/or people with disabilities.
- High level engagement, care planning and assessment skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills.
- Computer literacy including basic Microsoft Office.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
- Please indicate the location you prefer to work at
Applications close Friday 30 October 2020
Get in touch
Zana Basic – firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Assessment & Planning Officer - Aged & Carer Services via Pro Bono Australia.